Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all keeping well.

Just a quick post to introduce muself as a new member here on Nerd Fitness.

I'm Thom. 32 Years old living in Australia. My mates call me Poz (I'm actually English, so Pommy in Oz became Pozzy/Poz).

I've just this week started in the gym and need to lose weight, tone up and in just general get fit, so i can run to the end of my driveway without being out of breath!

I'm hoping to join the police once i get my fitness up to scratch, so i have a goal to aim for.

My main downfall as i'm sure will be like so many others is my diet.

I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh 220lbs. Doesn't make for pretty reading i know, but i know i'll get to where i want to be whatever it takes.

It's depressing as only 3 years ago, i was a fitness freak. Had a 6-pack and all that jazz, but losing my mrs, job and apartment at the time lead me on the long road to ruin through the demons of macdonalds and cheap supermarket pizzas. Ironically, it was cheaper to eat crap than it was to eat healthy and over the last 3 years, i've worked my way up to what i am now. Well NO MORE!! Time to get my backside in gear!

Here's to getting it all back!

Thom

Welcome aboard. You may want to check out the diet/nutrition boards on affordable ideas to eat healthy. And that's awesome about your law enforcement career goals. I'm a volunteer police chaplain here in the states so I have a special place in my heart for the LE community. If I were you I would look up the fitness requirements for the Police department you want to join and make a perfect score on those your long term goals, then find bite size chunks of how to get there, then make the first bite your short term goals.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived