Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! New to the forums

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to these forums.

My name is Anthony. I work in the art department of a Feature Animation studio, and I am looking to get healthy. I am rather short (only 5'6") and 187 pounds which is not very lean. I found a picture from back in high school where I was substantially thinner, and decided enough was enough. My company has an onsite gym for free, so I don't really have an excuse not to go. I started looking on google about beginner workout plans and found this site. I immediately relized that this was the best approach for me. I has just started a few days ago with the free workout which takes me about 40 minutes, and I go on a thirty minute walk on my rest days. I already feel motivated to continue, although the first workout was a real kick in the pants the enxt day. (I get what people say by deep burn now, haha!). I plan on moving onto the Rebel Fitness Guide on Monday, since this week is pay-day. I have set a goal for myself which is to get down to 175 by February 1st. And continue with incremental goals for each month With the hopes of getting down to about 9% body fat.

I look forward to becoming an active and participatory member of this community, and hope to help and encourage others any way I can, (all I ask is that you do the same for me:smile-new:)

Cheers!

Welcome aboard, those are awesome goals and a good plan for getting there. The six week challenges are a great time to work on those incremental goals you mentioned, they add some accountability and fun to fitness.

Glad to have you.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hello and good morning!

I like all the steps you're starting with to reach your goal. Like Tank said, the six week challenges are a great way to take those baby steps to get where you want to be. I can speak from experience and say that you've picked a great community to become a part of.

Welcome to the Rebellion and don't be afraid to ask any questions. All of us are here to help.

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Hi there. You've already made a great start. Once you've joined a guild, you can check out everyone else's challenge threads and be ready to roll on the new one, beginning 1/1/13 I think. You can join in the challenge already in progress if you don't mind starting in the middle. It is a great way to stay on track.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived