Forums are back in action! ×

By Moradin's Hammer!

I'm a bit race dysphoric, but as long as I'm a dwarf, I will exercise my right to an appropriate battle cry. :)

I'm excited to have found this site, and I'm hoping that having this kind of community will keep me motivated more than the average fitness site does. Every year I get motivated around this time and do really well until mid-spring when I start losing interest. Then I'm sedentary throughout the summer because I'm very intolerant of heat and undo everything I did in the winter. I'd like to get out of that cycle and build habits that I can keep up year round. I have about 80 lbs to lose and I also want to build muscle.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nik, level 1 Dwarf. Warrior at heart, training with the Rangers

STR 2|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 12|WIS 0|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

We can cheer you along when you're doing well, and give you a prod, but motivation has to come from within. Some things that might help: WHY you want to get fit? What are some short term goals; small successes help you stay motivated. Find something you like to do; if you hate walking on the treadmill, don't do it! Help others. Good luck, and hope to see you in for the long haul.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

What Laureleye said. Also, the six week challenges are great for keeping motivation going through the year, I strongly recommend getting in on the next one. You could even get in on the end of the current one.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived