Forums are back in action! ×

Bit of background: I've been following NerdFitness on an off for a year now. This time last year, my main goal was to climb Scarfell here in the UK. I have failed. Once I completed a couple of sprint tris, I fell off the band wagon. I'm up to 64kg (from my usual of 60kg), and I haven't run properly since October.

This time around, I'm going to do it. I've had a rough weekend, so here goes. What follows is my list. Some of it is to be completed this year, but not all, so I'll separate it into "This year" and "All Time"

This Year:

• Sprint Triathlon : Get out of the bottom 1/4 of participants.
  • Play Open Mic Night (Well)
  • 5km Run Time <21mins (Current PR: 22mins)
  • 1.5km Swim Time (Unknown current, set a PR and beat it by 10%)
  • Get Bike License, Get Bike, Sell Car.
  • Body Fat <10% (Current, 12% - 15% at a rough guess)
  • Fitocracy Level >25 (Current, 19)
  • Climb Pen-y-ghent, Ingleborough & Whernside (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_Three_Peaks).
  • Get at least one pole student up a skill bracket at competition.
  • 2 min planks as standard, 3 mins max.
  • Give Blood at least once (I.e. wait 2 - 3 months before my next piercing)

All Time:

• Olympic Triathlon (Finish)
  • Squat 1.0x Body weight (PR: 0.75x)
  • OHP 0.5x Body weight (PR: 0.25x)
  • DL 1.0x Body weight (PR: 0.58x)
  • Laser Eye Surgery
  • Play in WYFS Ensemble Band on stage.
  • Climb Scarfell
  • Climb Snowdon
  • Climb Ben Nevis
  • Improve Japanese
  • Chinese Flag Pole.

As far as I can tell, I am basically all set to do this shit. Anyone want in for the ride?

Sports: Pole Ex, Swim/Cycle/Run, Mountaineering

The Plan: Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays: Run to local swimming pool, swim, bus to work. Take holiday to go hill walking in Easter. Eat more paleo. Practice Guitar.

This is really a cool list, so I suspect you can find someone here to join you. I'm still haven't bested 75 seconds for a plank, although I don't think that's bad for an old gal. If you haven't joined your guild yet, jump on in. Welcome, and I hope you finish this great list for the year.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome aboard, those are great, specific goals, glad to have you in the rebellion. I reccomend looking around the challenge guilds, find where you best fit, then set some intermediate goals for yourself and either finish out the last two weks of this challenge or get ready for the next one that starts Dec 31 (Jan 1?).

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived