Forums are back in action! ×

Allo! from yet another newbie!

Hello, My name is WEFA.

I have been reading nerdfitness for about a week or two, and decided to join the list and forums for back-up in creating WEFA 2.0. As a mostly working female of nearly 22 years, I am most definitely overweight and working to change that fact.

I realize my number one fault is my Stamina, I have a difficult time sticking with things, so I have endeared my husband to push me to my limit. We have done a paleo diet before, but it was rather expensive so even though it worked great for him (so so for me) we went back to a NT (Nourishing Traditions/ Whole foods) style dieta to save some money for our trip to visit his family. I HATE how cheap and efficient grain is as a filler food!!! We certainly are not as hungry when we eat sourdough, but I am not sure if it is what is best for us.

Now that we are here in Missouri for 2 1/2 months (we normally live in Alaska) I have noticed I am a lot more grumpy and emotional, and think it may be from the food. I try to make NT foods but get complaints that A) they don't like the taste/texture/vegetables what-have-you or B) I didn't make enough for every one to enjoy so it gets filled in with SAD foods. (Standard American Diet) They think we are crazy for believing food has an effect on emotions and general well being. I do not believe eating Soy is good one way or another, even if it is "all in my head", and I KNOW it can not be good for me knowing my medical history.

That in and of itself, is a very long story, but suffice it to say I have had many different types of cysts, most recently a 10 lbs ovarian cyst that killed my ovary and Fallopian tube, and was close to killing me. As a result of research on cysts I now try to avoid all soy and caffeine.

Anyways, by joining the rebellion I plan on achieving the best fitness of my life. I want to learn new things, and just enjoy life! I would LOVE to get in all around better health through cross-fit, but currently don't have the money for the group at the gym. I know I could find videos to do it myself but I am afraid of doing it wrong, injuring myself, and I have a hard time holding myself to exercise if I don't enjoy it by doing it with others. So currently I do a little dance, I have taken basic belly dance classes and I love to think of ways to incorporate it into my hoop dancing (think with a hula hoop if you have never heard of it). This week I have been working on my harder goals by doing the Basic Body-weight work outs and my balance through some instructions a friend gave me. Another specific goal I want is to be able to lift my full body weight for urban exploring.

SO that is some info about me and therefore I know it is too long so I am going to shut up now, hahaha. Any questions, feel free to ask, and any support I shall REALLY LOVE! :)

(PS, If anyone has suggestions on exercises that one can do when wheelchair bound, my husband would be very grateful too, as he can't walk or use his legs (YET! Currently his level 50 goal) Reason is OI, aka brittle bones disease)

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WEFA level 1 Water elemental

Druid at heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

I have been battling depression for some time and am currently doing better than I have in at least two years; I put it down to a good primal diet and strength training. I just started out by doing the beginner's body weight, because I didn't have any weights or anything. I've invested in some inexpensive dumbells now, and I've branched out into the workouts in the Rebel Fitness guide. I avoid soy because I'm hypothyroid, but I've kept coffee (everyone needs one vice, right?) Welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

What part of Alaska? I lived in Anchorage for about 5 years. Either way, welcome WEFA, to NF :)

Seward :) and Thanks much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Thanks for the tip, I will save up for some inexpensive dumbbells once I feel confident in the BBW I think. Or I will do what the PT suggested to my father after shoulder surgery, canned foods and milk jug lifts, haha! You would agree more with my husband then, he is a self proclaimed "elitist" in everything he does, foodism, coffee (french press) and pipe tobacco. I am the exact opposite, if anyone even mentions that I am getting addicted to something (IE too much time on a specific game comes to mind) I have a tendency to run like heck the other way and stop it cold turkey. If only that worked with sugar with me though!

Reading through more of the intro threads I realize I forgot a physical description, so sorry! 5'11 and somewhere in the high 200 lbs, I don't often weigh myself... I hate to think I am near 300 because that is always a "bad" word like connotation "the woman was like, 300 pounds!" Going to work on writing out my goals list :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Welcome to the Rebellion! From the things you talk about, it sounds like you might be interested in the assassins guild. If I were you I would look at the assassin's challenge board and look at the parkour entries on Steve's blog. THe BBW is a good place to start as Laurleye said. Why don't you start looking at some goals for the next 6 week challenge that will start in the new year?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So glad you shared your story! Everyone here is really supportive :)

I've heard once before that there is yoga specifically designed for wheel-chair folks, maybe your husband can look into that? Peace of mind is always great to strive for while working out the body!

Good luck on your quests! Looks like you have a great head on your shoulders!

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Archived