Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel from Baltimore

Hey everyone. I'm a 27 year old male from Baltimore. I'm in the US military and I've been lurking around the forums an the email list for a while. I've even started incorporating some of the workouts found there into my PT sessions. I've finally decided to join the forums. I've been trying to get myself into better shape. My long term goal is to score a 100 on my PT test. I'll post my current and goal scores soon. I'm looking forward to leveling up my life and getting to my goals.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dejan Guard, level 1 Human. Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

Most of my workouts have been Air Force style PT session with push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, and 2 miles of running. I do that about 3 times a week.

I haven't looked at the challenge goals yet.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dejan Guard, level 1 Human. Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

A 92 is pretty good, I understand the desire to ace the test. The best advice I can offer as a person fairly early into their journey is second hand advice I've picked up from others, but the advice on here is pretty consistent from different folks. Intervals are a good way to increas run time (I'm still working on running 2 miles non-stop, intervals are after that). Strength training is also helpful, eg, bench press for pushpus, planks for situps, lower body work (squats, deadlifts, deadlifts, and deadlifts) can help with speed on runs.

P.S. I think I forgot to mention, but Deadlifts are really helpful. And awesome.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived