Forums are back in action! ×

No excuses

I'm Meghan. I'm 20 and have 2 kids. A two year old and a 3 month old. I did a lot of running in high school but quit my junior year after I was hit by a car and broke my femur in 3 places along with 6 other bones. I've been missing it terribly but I keep making excuses on why I can't run anymore (kids, jogging stroller too expensive, too hard to get back into it, blah). After the birth of my last baby I really started feeling like I can do anything (He was 10lbs 14oz and I had him unassisted, I don't care if you think I am crazy). This has given me the courage to stop being afraid to get back out there and just do it! I'm a fairly skinny girl, 5 ft even, 102 lbs. I don't eat the way I should but that is about to change as well. I started researching the paleo diet because we are avoiding dairy (my daughter is anaphylactic) and came across this site. Although I wouldn't really consider myself nerdy in a video game nerdy way, I have always considered myself a nerd, I love reading and studying (does that make me weird?) and this site kind of clicked for me. I have always questioned everything and dug around until I found answers that seemed to make sense to me and this seemed like a group of people that tend to do the same.

I'm looking forward to joining the challenges with all of you! See you in the forums!

If that makes you weird, you're in good company here. Glad you're ready to get back to being fit; you'll be setting a great example for your kids too. We're just finishing a challenge, but if you read up on it, you can do all the things you'll need to do for the next one, which starts 1/1/13.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Laureleye: That's what I am hoping to do!

Got2know: Thank you!

Athena: I read that in an email on you. I didn't know he was touch anaphylactic though. My daughter is anaphylactic when she ingests it but she will just get hives if it gets on her skin if she touches it or if I eat ice cream then kiss her cheek.

Tanktinus: I'm thinking about scout or ranger. I'm going to try out crossfit and if I like it I will probably go into ranger.

My goals:

1) Run a 5k (no time goal this time, just run it) by the end of the 6 wk challenge.

2) Sprint 3x a week.

3) Go to the gym 3x a week.

4) Organize every room of my house and clean it spotless and keep it that way (6 rooms so one every week). My house is reasonably clean but I would like to be able to find my Pyrex lids when I need them.

I just recently became about 80% paleo so maybe by the next challenge I will have a new diet goal.

Archived