Forums are back in action! ×

Ready for a challenge!

Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Becky, and I am really excited about this challenge. I have been getting myself pumped up for it and am ready to begin with the start of the New Year.

A little about me...I generally a happy, upbeat 37 year old. I have been working in the non-profit world with disadvantaged youth, but am currently in between jobs, but have something great on the horizon, so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

I have always been overweight, but always managed to stay healthy and active. I spent 4 months in Africa in 2010, losing 25 pounds. I felt great...that is, until I came back home. I had a difficult time adjusting to life back in the USA, becoming very depressed, which is very unlike me. I began eating. In about 6 months, I gained back about 20 of those pounds. My job situation was, and is, unsteady. I continued eating. Finally, I had (am having) a falling out with someone I love very much. I ate and ate and ate. Clearly, I am an emotional eater. I gained back almost more pounds. I am the biggest I have been, struggling to fit in to my clothes. I REFUSE to give in to this and buy new clothes.

Something shifted in me in the past few weeks. I was tired of being sad, frustrated, and fat and made a very conscious decision to make a change. Since that decision has been made, I am feeling better than I have in a long time. It feels great to find a real site that offers real support. I am excited to move forward with all of you.

These are my current goals:

My goals are as follows:

1. Diet: The Paleo Diet (allowing limited amounts of dairy).

2. Fitness: Spin classes 3 x's a week, Core/weight training 3 x's a week. Walking, hiking, and dancing in between.

3. Level Up Life: Meditate every day. Find ways to release negative energy and negative people in my life. Turn off the TV and pick up a book!!!

Not sure I am going about this right, so any suggestions, comments, ideas, and encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Since you asked for help, I'd make goal one more specific and trackable. For goal 3 I'd make the goal to meditate evey day and let the rest of what you wrote be the results of meditation. Whether or not you meditated is trackable, the rest is not. For goal 2 specifiy if the inbetween parts are part of the goal or a bonus. Sounds good.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived