Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

My name is Amelia. I'm 25 years old, 5'4" and around 145-150lbs.

I'm here to get healthy, strong, and lose some jiggle (I dislike the jiggle) and maintain my healthy lifestyle with the help and support of you all. I also hope to help and support others as well if I can.

My story: I started my "weight loss" story at the age of 19. I was around 215 lbs. I decided that I wanted to make a change and I did it. I lost 55 lbs. in a few months. But I did it the wrong way; I focused all my energy on running and starving myself, I never lifted a single weight (except those 2 lb dumbells I would walk with on rare occasion). Then within a year after that I lost another 20. I gained some weight while I was pregnant but managed to get to 135 lbs (lightest I've been my adult life and I did it the right way: eating 80% paleo and combining strength and cardio). Now I'm back to 150. I feel that the changes I made didn't stick because I tried to change too many things at once.

What I will do: I am going to write down my fitness and health goals and what will be required to reach them. I found this goal worksheet online (it is on a site for small businesses but it'll work for any goal): http://uksmallbusinessmentoring.co.uk/goal-setting-for-your-business. I will implement one or two small changes at a time (a month) to increase my chances of success. For example, tomorrow I will start exercising again at least 30 minutes, 5 times/week and eat two cups of vegetables with lunch. I will also track my progress by keeping records of my measurements, weight, time to complete run/ workout, and weight lifted. I was also thinking about starting a food journal but I'm not sure.

If anyone has any suggestions/advice, I'll gladly accept them.

Thanks,

Amelia C.

Lv 1 Zombie AdventurerSTR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

“What you do is create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true.â€-Arnold Schwarzenegger

What you described is how most of us have met/are meeting our goals, this is a perfect place to do that. The six week challenges are a great place to implement those small changes over a realistic period of time with accountability and encouragement. I'm in the adventurer guild myself, which is a very friendly place. Glad to have you in the rebellion.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey Amelia, Ben. In reference to your 2 cups of vegetables with lunch every day, I find that for myself (if you dont like vegetables) adding some good sauce or spice to them makes them more palletable. Good luck on your goals, they look very do-able

Porkchop / Level 4 / Mammal-Adventurer

STR - 14  DEX - 4  STA - 7  CON - 11 WIS - 13  CHA - 7

“Wherever you are...be all there†

Challenge #4

I love your avatar, did you draw it? Is it a pencil drawing?

Yes I did, and yes it is! 

I have an etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasGoods and I can do custom drawings too. (pardon the shameless plug ^-^ )

“What you do is create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true.â€-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Hi Amelia:

I'm new here too, but its a great place. You'll be glad you found it.

My 2 cents worth, I recommend the food journal, Usually when I get off track its slippage in the diet dept. A week or two of writing down everything you eat is an eyeopener

Hi Old Fart!, 

I was going to go all out on my first challenge (nearly 100% paleo) but after some reflection I see that the slower I go, the easier it will be for me to stick to my goals and make them habits that will stay with me for a long time. And starting a food journal sees like the logial first step towards healthier eating. 

Thanks for the input!

Archived