Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for duty!

Hi all!

I was 225 lbs this time last year. I am now at 170! A lot of learning, diet, and lifestyle changes there!

I am into "functional fitness" or as I call it "occupational fitness" helping my workdays go easier!

I really am a rebel from the normal fitness. I'm not much of a joiner and I don't have enough usable time to go to most gyms. During the week I'm usually on the road in hotels so I do walks, runs, and bodyweight or kettlebell workouts. I always have a kettlebell in the worktruck! Paleo can be quite the challenge on the road too!

At home I have about 300 lbs of iron weights, a set of hex dumbbells from 10- to 45 lbs but I don't use them regularly. I prefer my homemade pull up bar, a rope drag tire, a harness drag tire, concrete farmers weights. I also have some obstacles for climbing, and do a little ruck work from time to time in case BOB and I need to travel:smug:

My present goal is 10 dead hang pull ups. I was at 0 Now at 6. When I reach 10 I get a new luminox watch!

Scott

best. username. ever.

thank you for making my day.

congrats on the success so far and welcome to the rebellion :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i live in and out of hotels as well, paleo isn't too bad on the road with no stove or decent sized fridge if you don't mind eating the same thing over and over again. or you're use to not cooking your food, (fruits veggies). i'm not paleo but mainly because i feel carbs are for the most part necessary to any diet. although there are several days where i will go without any carbs just to confuse my body a bit. florda huh? i'm in florida also you should check out this zombie 5k they're having in tampa.

$3|||) |/|0|23 |3|2@1||$

Hey O.F! Ben here. I feel your pain on keeping a healthy diet on the road. I don't drive OTR and Im home every night, but finding a way to eat not like crap is a challenge sometimes. If I didnt brown-bag it everyday Id really be in trouble. Nice to see some trucking industry bretheren on here. Keep fighting the good fight!

Porkchop / Level 4 / Mammal-Adventurer

STR - 14  DEX - 4  STA - 7  CON - 11 WIS - 13  CHA - 7

“Wherever you are...be all there†

Challenge #4

Old Fart! I agree with spezzy about the bestness of your username. It sounds like you're already doing great, have you checked out Steve's hotel workout? Steve lived on the road for almost a year and stayed in shape, there are a lot of resources here to help make fitness a lifestyle, it sounds like you're a long way there already.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

i live in and out of hotels as well, paleo isn't too bad on the road with no stove or decent sized fridge if you don't mind eating the same thing over and over again. or you're use to not cooking your food, (fruits veggies).

Hi:

I call it "Traveling Paleo" I follow in spirit and in choices, but not a whole lot of quality. Like tonight, I don't even have a microwave so I end up with imitation crab meat, a "eat smart" bag of brocolli and carrots, and a banana. It works, but not much to cheer about. I end up with a lot of scrambled hotel eggs in the morning and cans of tuna during the day...blah!

Hey O.F! Ben here. I feel your pain on keeping a healthy diet on the road. I don't drive OTR and Im home every night, but finding a way to eat not like crap is a challenge sometimes. If I didnt brown-bag it everyday Id really be in trouble. Nice to see some trucking industry bretheren on here. Keep fighting the good fight!

Hey Ben:

I actually drive a service truck, repairing and installing machinery in the South. Same difference though, You can stand in supermarket full of foods and not find a thing to eat!!!

Old Fart! I agree with spezzy about the bestness of your username. It sounds like you're already doing great, have you checked out Steve's hotel workout? Steve lived on the road for almost a year and stayed in shape, there are a lot of resources here to help make fitness a lifestyle, it sounds like you're a long way there already.

10-roger on Steve's article. That's where I learned to use the table to simulate pull ups when I can't find anything else. It had never dawned on me. Used it for dips, never thought to get underneath and pull up,,Brilliant!

Archived