Forums are back in action! ×

Why hello there

Hi!

I'm Olli, I'm a third year Philosophy undergrad who wants to go into tech/web development in the not for profit sector in case any of y'all are hiring. Since that's unlikely, my aim here is basically to get stronger and fitter; I'm doing bodyweight exercise, the C25k program when I can convince mysel fit's a good idea and yoga to get myself there. The particular body weight program i'm following is the diablo 666 program, mostly because it still feels deliciously blasphemous. And it's awesome too.

I'm a hell of a lot better at encouraging other people than I am myself so if any of you want to buddy up i'm all for it. Oh, I'm a fairly new vegan also. If anyone wants to talk coding or Nietzsche or Doctor Who or modern literature or developments in the not for profit sector or basically anything that makes people roll their eyes and call you a hipster or a pseudo-intellectual hit me up!

Would also be grateful for anyone who can think up some free ways of getting in some more interestign cardio. I let loose to music every once in a while but i'm not too co-ordinatated and i'ms ure I take 'dance like nobody's watching' too strongly to heart. Passing family members/housemates may try to restrain me.

But yeah, so glad to be here, etc.

xo xo

I do intervals because I get to speed up and slow down and that seems to make it go by faster. If you plan to join the next challenge, you'll find a lot of people in your guild encouraging you, especially if you're good at keeping them going. Glad you're here as well.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Nice to meet you, my names Ben. Im in the same boat as far as motivating myself goes. You should check out one of those 6 week challenges, there is one starting early next month. Interesting cardio? Anything that makes me not remember Im doing cardio. As Mr Nietzsche stated, All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking. Good luck with your goals, hope to see you around.

Porkchop / Level 4 / Mammal-Adventurer

STR - 14  DEX - 4  STA - 7  CON - 11 WIS - 13  CHA - 7

“Wherever you are...be all there†

Challenge #4

Welcome to the rebellion. I find the best workout for my heart is strength training, it gets my heartrate up waaay better than "cardio" exercises. I run twice a week because I need to be able to pass a physical fitness test, but I live for deadlifts. All the cardio in the world won't help you get stronger, you must find heavy things, pick them up and put them down, then repeat. What does it mean for you to be stronger and fitter? If you have something specific to work toward you will be more successful.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Cardio is boring, boring, stuff. I'd say my funnest cardio options are bellydancing, or "Dance Dance Revolution" on the Wii.

So true! I'm trying to find un-boring stuff myself (huge thanks to Wierdquark for getting me turned on to bouldering), but I'm starting to believe that most cardio really is boring. Which is a bummer because we're trained to do cardio endlessly (and eat lots of graaaaains...wow, so zombie-like).

Belly dancing is a good idea - something that flittered through my mind briefly one late night as I drove home through the rain, the flash of streetlights causing starburstlike streaks under the oncoming sweep of my wipers... Ahem. Sorry.

But hurrah for another good idea for cardio!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

All the cardio in the world won't help you get stronger, you must find heavy things, pick them up and put them down, then repeat.

Lucky for some of us, "heavy things" includes our own bodies! :D

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

I also love boxing for cardio--it's so fun! And you get to hit stuff lol

Oh and I love intellectual conversation so if you ever want to talk philosophy or anything you deem interesting I'm down.

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Archived