Forums are back in action! ×

Losing my kids

Yes you heard me right. I need to lose my kids. I don't mean really lose them i mean lose their combine weight.. granted they are only 5 and 13months but I do need to lose the combination of the two, plus some. I have always struggled with my weight and I think the last time i was a size 10 was when i was in junior school. Scary. I can't even picture my grownup self every being skinny but that is my goal. I am not going to assume i can do this fast and that I can lose all the weight i have put on in the double digits years of my life. I know its going to take time and so instead of trying to get rid of everything that i eat that is wrong and yet tastes so yummy I am going to do this week by week. One week I'll give up something and then the next give up something else so that by the end of the year i should give up 52 things that are bad habits and not just get rid of the bad but replace it with something good and healthy.

I hope that this will help motivate me to lose my kids. I am going to try to do some of the exercises that i see posted on here and see if that wont help out more. I know that i can't do everything everyday since I work 12 hour shifts and its about a thirty min drive to and from work. but the days I have off I'll be working hard. I also plan on doing some extra walking at work (since i work at the hospital) and get some kind of exercise in.

I am hoping that i can get the encouragement I need to keep going when the times get tough and i want to just drink soda/pop. I want to be able to do more physical activities with my kids. Like run and play tag and catch and such. i don't like being on the sideline watching all the fun that my kids are having and not being able to join in and actively do things with them. Plus i need the energy to just keep up with them they are little balls of energy.

anyways I am looking forward to losing my kids and getting to know you all.

Joyfullyme

Joyness

Race: Human

Level 1

Class: Adventurer

Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 1 | Stamina: 2 | Constitution: 5 | Wisdom: 4 | Charisma: 1

Welcome Joy! I wish you the best of luck. Since it sounds like you're crunched for time you should check out the "20 Minute Hotel" workout. I've been doing that when I'm pressed for time and I can even sneak it in when my tiny (2 year old son) is playing in the living room. I can do a quick workout and keep an eye on him at the same time. He does get a little excited when mommy is doing jumping jacks though...

I think being able to run and play with your kids is a wonderful fitness goal. The really weird thing about that "yummy" stuff...after you haven't had it for a while and go back and taste it, it doesn't taste as good. I didn't believe it either, but it's true. And you're going to substitute other yummy stuff. Extra walking at work is a great plan. How many days/week do you work? It looks like planning your meals on your working days is going to be key to your success. Remember, 80% of your fitness is what you eat. I hope you're planning on joining the next challenge. It's a great way to get support and keep yourself on-track.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I honestly wasn't thinking of the shootings and now I see how tactless that was. I am terribly sorry. I really do want to lose the weight of my kids though and that is what I was thinking. Thank you all for your encouraging words and for your warm welcome.

Joyness

Race: Human

Level 1

Class: Adventurer

Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 1 | Stamina: 2 | Constitution: 5 | Wisdom: 4 | Charisma: 1

Archived