Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everybody ! ~hi doctor nick~

Hi interested readers,

my name is Jimi (not spelt like that in real life; this ensures my anonymity, its really effective /dry/ ), I am 5ft 10.5in in height and (last weighed 8 months ago) at 220lbs. Aged 22, lives in Toronto, Canada.

I have graduated from mechanical engineering back in may, and is currently unemployed/looking for work. (people keep saying engineering grads get all the jobs. They lied to my face)

My Story:

Anyways, I had always been overweight since I was 6 or 7. I was, on several times in my life, edging into obesity when i was 13, 16 and most recently 18-19 (freshman at university). I was the slowest at running, shortest at jumping...etc. On one occasion in middle school, we had a whole month of Vaulting lessons for PE. Even with the springboard I never made it over the barge(?)... the shame, the shame. I did play soccer quite a bit in early middle school and late high school, during thoes times I was able to keep my obesity to just overweight-ism. Then I went into uni and that went to the shyts really quick, over eatting (due to the meal plans) and over snacking, I hit the heaviest I had ever been in my life, yet i continued that life. I was at 250+lbs and at least 26% Bodyfat, ate close to nothing but garbage and drank lots of sugary drinks.

One day, during my 2nd year in uni, I decided flip through a men's health magazine (I know, it suprises me too) and came about an article. It had maybe 2-3 people in it talking about how they managed to loose weight and whatnot. But it was one of the writers mentality that stuck with me. He said (paraphrasing) that he wanted to see if he could do it [losing weight] and he did. So now about 2.5 years from "epiphany", I am at ~220lbs. I went from not being able to do a single dip or pull up into now doing >15 dips and 7-12 pullups (depending on the orientation of the hands). Slowly but surely I will get my 6 pack abs.

TL;DR : I sucked at life, now I am OK, I plan to continue improving until I reach my goals

I was looking at bodyfat percentages and came across this site. What really sucked me in and made me join was the Character Build thingy. I hope to acheive many goals and make new goals and surpass my own expectations.

Good Day to everyone,

Good Luck to all new recruits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1: Timelord Pirate.

[table=width: 500, align: center]

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 |CHA 3

[/table]Scout at heart, training with the Rangers

"Commandeer. We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term." Captain Jack Sparrow

Timelord pirate? Love it! Just wanted to say hi to a fellow newbie and comment on your awesome choice of race and class. I hear you on the soccer thing - I think that was the only thing that kept me in semi-shape during high school. Best of luck to you - it sounds like you're already making some serious progress!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Glad you found us! Getting healthy and in-shape is a great way to keep yourself positive during the dreaded job-hunt. My highschool PE teacher told me that I was "the most uncoordinated student she'd ever had the displeasure to teach" ... but since there isn't a klutz guild here we need to work with what we have. 6-pack abs requires a pretty darned low body-fat percentage; what type of eating plan are you going to employ in your quest?

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived