Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back on track

My name is Milena. I’m 20 years old.

I live in The Netherlands and I’m studying Physical Education.

I joined the rebellion to get back on track again. I’m battling some severe depression right now and doing what I love (working out and eating healthy) will help me do that.

I’m also here for support because my real life friends and family don’t quite get my love and passion for fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

Just to keep a long story very short..

Past: I started working out at the age of 17. I was around 125lbs (I’m 5’4’’). I only did bodyweight exercises/workouts with free weights every now and then and avoided the gym. At some point it became obsessive and I was only focusing on the way my body looked. I was underweight, only 114lbs. I struggled with my self-esteem a lot.

Present: Now I’m in college and I’m a fitness freak. I do different sports in school for an average of 7 hours a week. On top of that I do my own workouts and yoga at home. My weight is back to 141lbs and I’m feeling good. My diet is about 80% Paleo I would say, I still like to ‘’cheat’’ occasionally on foods that are not Paleo.

Future: I want to become a personal trainer and help people get in shape. I don’t think about the future very often, because I’m a ‘’live in the moment’’ type of person.

Goals:

- Get back on track with my diet and work out on a daily basis.

- Train for the National Championships of Crossfit for students in March.

That’s really about it.

So, hi everyone! :smile-new:

Good luck with your fitness and life goals! Depression is one tough cookie. It's a lifelong struggle but exercise is a def helper. It has always helped me more than any type of medication. Make sure to check out the guilds!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived