Forums are back in action! ×

Here goes...something

Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm 26 years old and live in Canada. I'm a huge couch potato and eat nothing but junk. I'm here to change that.

I battle severe anxiety and depression, so I tend to be very unmotivated and self-deafeating. But no more! Starting now, I'm determined to become a better me!

I did my first official work out not five minutes before posting this and I feel fantastic, if not super sweaty. I'm looking forward to the months ahead and the awesome results I'm going to get out of this.

Last night I purchased the Rebel Guide bundle, and I spent this morning reading the heck out of it. This afternoon, I plan to do a kitchen purge and then head out for a healthy shopping trip. I'm currently in the process of looking up some great recipes to keep me healthy. I'm not sure I can do a full paleo diet, but I'm hoping to get to at least 50%. Any suggetsions would be much appreciated! :)

I'm gonna need your guys help and support, which is why I'm making myself accountable to you. I can only assume that's what the majority of you are doing. lol

Current: 155-160lbs at 5'7"

Goal: 130lbs with some definition and healthy eating patterns.

HOpe to meet some great people!

Amanda

lvl 1 star fleet adventurerSTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3battle log"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing." William Butler Yeats

Welcome to the rebellion! Good to see that you're already taking the steps in the right direction! There is no better time! There are a lot of us that also deal with depression and anxiety, including myself, so we know where you are coming from! Look forward to seeing your progress.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

SSSOOOO AWESOME!!!! There is a bit of research out there on paleo vs depression and anxiety & I've noticed a huge change in my mood, outlook and feeling more level since doing paleo 18 months ago. You are absolutely making a move in the right direction and welcome. My only suggestion would be (once you are ready) to try one month of 100% Paleo diet and see how you feel in comparison to a 50%.

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Oh, I definitely plan to get as close to 100% paleo as possible. 50% was more of a short-term goal to get myself out of the food rut I'm in at the moment. I've already started looking up some great recipes to add to my repertoire. Hard boiled eggs and smoothies are some great things I can make the night before for my breakfasts, and I'm looking at trail mix for an energy boost during my work days. I'm a maid, so my job is pretty physical with little time in between for a full lunch. This will give me the kick I need while giving the protein to give me the full feeling.

I just hope I don't lose my ferver. I think I having a plan ahead of time will really help with that!

lvl 1 star fleet adventurerSTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3battle log"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing." William Butler Yeats

I too have been working my way out of depression. I'm feeling so much better since I cleaned up my diet and started working out my muscles more. I think you'll get a great boost from the strength training especially. You might want to consider joining a guild so you'll be ready for the next challenge. The challenge will help you set some concrete goals and provide updates. You can find some info about the last challenge, and links to guild info etc. in this thread.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

congrats on trying paleo! this is super random but has helped me on days i wanna give it all up and order chinese food. you can make "rice" by steaming cauliflower and then putting it in a food processor or just chopping it up with a knife. from there you can make fried rice, any soup with rice in it, eat it with paleo indian or chinese, etc. it's perfect because instead of eating a grain you get an extra serving of veggies!

whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right.

level 1 troll ranger

STR 4|DEX 0|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 3

That sounds awesome. I'm Devi Italy gonna need to update my kitchen. We've got it set up for frozen dinners not for real cooking. I'm going to need to get a steamer and a broiler pan for the recipes ive come across so far.

congrats on trying paleo! this is super random but has helped me on days i wanna give it all up and order chinese food. you can make "rice" by steaming cauliflower and then putting it in a food processor or just chopping it up with a knife. from there you can make fried rice, any soup with rice in it, eat it with paleo indian or chinese, etc. it's perfect because instead of eating a grain you get an extra serving of veggies!

Cauliflower 'rice' is awesome, I just grate it and fry it from raw... yum yum yum

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Hey Amanda, glad to see a fellow Canadian :)

I just wanted to stop by and say keep up the good work. It may not seem like you have done much yet but posting and reading the books are a great start to being healthy and accountable. See you around the forums!

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%