Forums are back in action! ×

Noob in the ranks

So, I decided that getting fit on my own is actually kind of hard. I need to make myself accountable to others or else I'll just make excuses and nothing will change.

A little bit about me: I'm a 26 year old, small business owner. I have to commute to work, 1 hour each way, everyday. I have to be the first one in and the last one out. This leaves me little time to take care of myself. At one point I was eating take out for nearly every meal and I just felt disgusting. Fortunately, I didn't pack on much weight (stress'll do that to you). But I guarantee my insides suffered for it. Finally I made a deal with my family to change the way the whole household eats. We're slowly making our way to paleo (which I've done before and loved). Eating right, however, is just the tip of the iceberg. I need to add in physical activity. Which is were this comes in!

I'm currently about 130ish lbs at 5' 2". I don't really like to go by weight though since muscle weighs more than fat.

Goals: To get rid of belly and thigh flab, get some muscle definition in my arms, and be able to run for at least 30 minutes without feeling like I'm dying. Oh, and also increase my flexibility. As a former dancer that was once capable of awesome feats of flex, it's seriously disturbing to me that I now pull muscles just bending over to tie my shoes.

Ways to reach my goals: running (treadmill in the evenings after work, and outside on the weekends); biking on the weekends; yoga; free weights.

Phew, that felt like a lot of info. As an introvert, I now feel exhausted.

Welcome! And based on your location, I'm assuming you live in the DC area? I know I'm dying to get back into biking (I did two MS 150s back in Texas, loved every miserable minute of it!), but have no idea where to go in this area. Let me know if you want a biking partner or if you know some good bike paths in the greater DC area. Best of luck on your goals!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Archived