Forums are back in action! ×

HoNk HoNk LeT's Do ThIs :o)

Hey guys! I'm Adam, and I am as green as the grass when it comes to fitness. I've always been super skinny and able to eat whatever without gaining weight, but I've never been as strong or as healthy as I'd like to be. What finally motivated me to come on here, introduce myself, and seriously commit? Well...I am an avid Homestuck cosplayer, and I have plans to do the Grand Highblood for Otakon in August. I am just too skinny right now to be able to pull off the level of terrifying I desire to be in that costume, and that's where you guys come in! I'm looking for people who can kick my ass when I get unmotivated (because it's GONNA happen), and show me the best, funnest, most efficient way to get STRONG.

I know literally nothing about what I'm doing here, so any amount of direction would be great. I just did my first round of Steve's Beginner Body Weight Workout and HOLY **** did it kick my ass. I'm also looking to go as paleo as I can right away. I'm excited to see what happens in the next eight months!

HoNk HoNk ;o)

Hi Adam! Best of luck to you! I know cosplay can be a good motivator. I was in the best shape of my life when I did Midna from Twilight Princess since I had to show a lot of skin. Current dream is to pull off Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, which will be a stretch of my cosplay ability as well as getting my butt into some serious shape. Welcome!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Hi fellow Homestucker! I'm new and working on Paleo too, its encouraging to hear so much excitement! Best of luck Adam!

The Vigilante - Gorgon Druid (Temp)
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2
STA: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"-- Dr. Seuss

Challenge goals

Battle log

Well, if you've done round 1 of the beginner's body weight you've made a good start in my opinion. To reduce any soreness, always stretch after your workouts. You know that you're only supposed to do that workout every other day, right? I do that 3 days a week, and on my 3 between days, I walk or jog or do intervals. You can do fewer days than six, but don't workout 7 days a week. You might want to add elements of "how to finally do a pullup" into your beginner's body weight routine. If I understand correctly, you want to bulk up so at some point you'll need to add some other things, but this will get you started and you can build a lot of muscle with just the body weight. Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived