Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for duty!

Hi everybody! I am Cathasaigh the Vigilante, and I have come to fight alongside the Rebellion.

Where I'm at: Slightly above ideal weight, but bigger concerns for the moment are dietary restrictions. I trained as a martial artist for 8 years before college, but then got there and **** hit the fan. Lost a lot of confidence and discipline in the process of dealing with some personal issues, but now I'm in my senior year of undergrad and it's time to jump back on the road to self-improvement. Excited and happy to have found a community and such good (nerdy) resources to help me find out how to fit fitness back into my life!

Where I'm going: For health reasons I've been gluten free for over a year, and just these past few months I've been trying (less than successfully) to weed out peanut, sugar and dairy. Back in August my doctor suggested I try to go paleo (since most grains cause me pain anyway), now after some research looking to make the switch a little more complete and permanent. (After Christmas, that is... I love egg nog too much! :friendly_wink:)

How I'm getting there: I'm still working on concrete goals, but for now I'm hoping to focus on just getting a routine, any routine of health consciousness, back into my life. Once I've worked up some core health habits and strength, I want to join the Assassins - I want to be able to walk around in a handstand, and I LOVE obstacle courses and jungle gyms. I'm too big for the little playground ones, so time to make bigger things my playground!

For now, though, since I have experience but utterly no conditioning right now (one good pushup is a monumental task) I'll probably spend time in the Druid guild until dietary pureness gives me Zen powers of ultimate healthfulness - then I'll use them to help me gain back some of my Monk heritage and pursue an Assassin future. Eventually I hope to do a challenge with each guild -- if thats ok!

Ultimate dream goal is to do the 300 workout, be able to jump my height into the air and to have a job I love. I'll make more concrete goals as I see how quickly my body responds to the changes over in a battle log, but I can dream.

Thanks for reading! Hope your day is awesome, and good luck on your fitness journey!

The Vigilante - Gorgon Druid (Temp)
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2
STA: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"-- Dr. Seuss

Challenge goals

Battle log

I think your idea of a challenge in each guild sounds interesting. Diet is a great place to start, since 80% of your fitness is what you eat. Odd that you should mention egg nog...I was wondering just last night if it could be made with almond or coconut milk. Welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I think there's one or two recipes on mark's daily apple, but it shouldn't be too hard. Coconut milk is pretty forgiving in my experience :) The brand So Delicious makes a coconut egg nog, but I've never been able to find such specialty stuff in the stores near me.

Good luck!

The Vigilante - Gorgon Druid (Temp)
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2
STA: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"-- Dr. Seuss

Challenge goals

Battle log

Archived