Forums are back in action! ×

Just another.........

Hey,

I'm never ever good at these, but ill try. I'm Nessy, brown eyed, green haired, 25, 5'6, in a full time office job. I've already "started" on my weight loss journey somewhat disastrously, I've been trying to lose weight since I started going out with my other half! Which is around 6 years, of which I've gone from 276lbs to 250ish (weighed myself today). I would count myself as a healthy fat, I can run for 20 minutes at around 5mph and I tend to cycle alot! I can easily cycle around 22 miles without stopping, hills included (how long it takes me to get to work and back, when I decide to cycle). The thing is I have a really habit of overeating, I sadly love cooking and eating food.

So what am I doing here, well this past year I lost all motivation, I just been ticking over while dreaming of what could of been, I've always loved the look of figure competitors in the off season and secretly even when they are not, that's what I want to achieve, I've tried weight lifting before, loved it more than I probably should, I've done it both in the "beginner" thing the gym gave me, when I first joined 3 years-ish ago and also by doing the NROLFW which I did all of part 1 but stopped as I put on weight and panicked, I'm wanting to lose it not put it on, though it did give me a waist which I haven't seen in years.

So that's where I am currently, I was searching weight training while overweight and got here, I've already been learking and reading as much as I can and have started to put it into practice. My gym is back open after the new year, so instead of doing my normal hour of cardio I'm going to be adding in weight training again, I'm hoping to make quite a difference in the next 10 months as I'm travelling over 4000 miles to go to Las Vegas, for my sisters week long hen party and I'd secretly like to be able to wear cute clothing!

I'm going to join the next challenge, will be good to keep me motivated and I'm going to be looking at doing a paleo/clean eating diet, though I have to say I love love my coffee and tea!

Guess we shall see how I do right, I'm going to put everything I can into this though, I can be so stubborn in so many things but have never wholeheartedly tried to change my life, and I'm making sure I change this right away, I really do hate who I see in the mirror these day, the only thing I love is my hair and really that's fake so yep, thanks for reading if you do and I hope to get to know you all and make some amazing friends along the way.

Nessy x

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nessy, level 1 Lycan. Warrior at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 4|WIS 2|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

Glad you've found us and decided to improve your fitness. I would recommend starting with the beginner's body weight workout 2 - 3 days a week. Every other day you can do some cardio; I do intervals on the treadmill. Since you are looking to lose weight, you may need to do something more than just convert your diet to paleo or primal. You may need to track your calories, at least until you get a handle on things. I've found that MyFitnessPal is fairly painless.

The challenge is a great way to go. You'll need to join a guild; since you seem to have basic fitness as a goal, I'd say the adventurers guild is a good starting point. You'll also need some short term goals that are realistic for a 6-7 week time period. What kind of specific goals are you shooting for first?

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey, Thank you for replying :)

I'm already with myfitnesspal, so will be having a play with my micro’s to see if I can make it better for what I want to achieve. I’ll have a look at joining the guild, was trying to figure out how to go ahead with the challenges lol. I did the little question thingy and it said that I'm warrior class, but for this challenge I'm more scots.

Hmmm my specific goals would deffo be my fitness and I would like a weight which represents my fitness level, I know at the moment my weight is keeping me behind on so much that I want to do fitness wise, for my short term goal id really like to make a dent in my weight, increase my fitness by going out more, start increasing weights into my exercise programme again and start to work towards a more clean diet for both me and the other half. I really do not think we could give up the carbs as we do alot (ALOT) of cardio and our diets would have to be combined as I am the resident chef :).

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nessy, level 1 Lycan. Warrior at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 4|WIS 2|CHA 1

[/TABLE]
Hey, Thank you for replying :)

I'm already with myfitnesspal, so will be having a play with my micro’s to see if I can make it better for what I want to achieve. I’ll have a look at joining the guild, was trying to figure out how to go ahead with the challenges lol. I did the little question thingy and it said that I'm warrior class, but for this challenge I'm more scots.

Hmmm my specific goals would deffo be my fitness and I would like a weight which represents my fitness level, I know at the moment my weight is keeping me behind on so much that I want to do fitness wise, for my short term goal id really like to make a dent in my weight, increase my fitness by going out more, start increasing weights into my exercise programme again and start to work towards a more clean diet for both me and the other half. I really do not think we could give up the carbs as we do alot (ALOT) of cardio and our diets would have to be combined as I am the resident chef :).

Welcome to the Rebellion! And I love myfitnesspal. I was tracking my eating for a couple weeks and got really addicted to it.

Just a note on the lifting and body goals: if you're interested in pulling a competitive lifter's physique, I'd recommend looking into their diet. Most lifters seem to be heavy on the meat/veg side and much lighter on the carbs. I know our society (read as: the FDA) has told us that we have to have thousands of calories in grains every day or we will starve to death, but I've found that I have way more energy since I've dropped process foods than I ever had when I was eating all the stuff the Feds were trying to feed me. I notice a huge drop in energy when I start eating processed grains.

If you haven't watched the video Steve links to here:

I strongly recomend you do. It's got some really interesting information on how our body processes things. Remember, processed carbs essentially turn to sugar in your system, and sugar doesn't get properly processed unless you're in the middle of running a marathon.

Enough preaching - what matters is that you find what works for you and stick with it. I'm excited to see your progress and will be cheering you on!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Woot, green hair! I had green hair for a stint. And yay for cute clothing! My mom took me into Vanity for the first time last week, and I wanted to cry because there were sparkly, beautiful outfits around me and I couldn't really fit into a lot of stuff.

I don't think tea is such a bad thing. I love green tea, and studies show it is pretty good for your body and can help spark up your metabolism. http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/benefit_of_drinking_green_tea http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/23/tea-health-benefits-cancer-heart-disease_n_1826138.html#slide=1420849

I just have to be careful because any caffeine gives me urges to go to the bathroom, and I've already had a few workouts I felt were ruined because of that being a problem. TMI, I know but, hey.

Defröck Level 1 Human ScoutSTR 6 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 2.25 | WIS 1 | CHA 3

N1 Challenge ~ N2 Challenge

Archived