Forums are back in action! ×

Better Late Than Never.

Hey,

I found the Nerd Fitness site and immediately loved the presentation of the material as well as the information about the Paleo Diet. I realize the diet works as well as you work the diet. I am familiar with SMART goals and find the intent for Nerd Fitness to carve out better people an awesome thing.

I am 25 pounds overweight and looking to shed lipid medication, sleep better and of course get much better at life. My wife and I are without children and outside of a few things we enjoy; getting better should not be all too hard.

At one point in my life I was an FIS Ski Racer, and a decent athlete, now I am 42, and want to be healthy strong and be able to fight off whatever life throws our way. I remember being able to run 1.75 miles in 11 minutes and perform 2-3 leg and stomach routines, those days are not necessarily Attainable goals, though I want to return to the best shape I have not yet dared to believe I can.

Human,  Level 2 Adventurer| STR 5.0 || DEX 4.5 || STA 3.0 || CON 2.0 || WIS 3.75 || CHA 2.5 |  

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

... those days are not necessarily Attainable goals, though I want to return to the best shape I have not yet dared to believe I can.

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the Rebellion! I am right there with you. Joining up here (and reading loads of articles) has astronomically changed my ideas of what I can achieve, too. I never thought I'd be "one of those people" who could look good in a swimsuit, and now I'm aiming at looking like a movie star. (Or at least being able to pass for one.) I think that's my favorite part about NF; it gives you a little more faith in your abilities.

We'll be cheering you on!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

I think if you are patient, you will be surprised at what you can do. Mostly, you're going to have to train a little more judiciously, and make sure you get your rest, do your stretches, etc. What are your short-term fitness goals and plans? Are you planning on joining Monday's challenge? Welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey All,

Thanks for the responses. My short term goals are some as follows and will also be added to the January 1st challenge, include working up to a 5K in 30 minutes and working up to a 5 day workout week. Paleo is working so far as tomorrow I will be in about 60-70% for two weeks. As far as fitness I want to be able to get my chin above my pull up bar, and lose fat mass in the belly area that is all around slowing me down by the 17th of January.

So far the articles by Steve and guest writers as well as the great links to other material have been extremely helpful. I've got a Paleo Stew in the pot as we speak, and plan on cooking up some Egg Muffins, both of which I saw on the forum.

The training has to be more practical. For instance, I did the beginner body weight workout this past Wednesday, and the pain has finally left my legs this week. I did 3 sets of the workout at 14 reps, for most plus a bit more for Jumping Jacks and Push-Ups. Pain was so good that I actually visibly saw a muscle in my thigh appear in a drastic amount of time. The stretching and cardio are the relaxing part, the strength I hope to continue to be the fun part.

I appreciate the welcomes.

Human,  Level 2 Adventurer| STR 5.0 || DEX 4.5 || STA 3.0 || CON 2.0 || WIS 3.75 || CHA 2.5 |  

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

I put this picture on my cell phone wallpaper. I realize it is where we are going, but also I want to remind myself and as well others where I was and as well where I am going as evidenced by my current life.

While this was a pretty jolly time in my life, I was a bit lame.

I am not the worried well, I want very much to live a life of fitness rather than slipping up time and time again.

post-12064-0-05083500-1356929901_thumb.j

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

Archived