Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings

So here I am, instead of canceling the gym membership I have had for about 5 months (yet can count on fingers how often I went) i'm kicking myself up the arse and taking charge. I'm about 5ft 10 and 16ish stone and after buying new trousers am ashamed to see i'm suddenly almost a 40 inch waist! I can't keep up with my 6 yr old son and my asthma has got to the point I rarely put my pump down. I suffer from Bi polar and have constant ups and downs (but atleast now I know what's going on) and I'm totally addicted to cola!!!

On positive side, I know all the above and want to change!

:)

Tubby AdventurerSTR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4"Only in the darkness can one truly see the light"

Welcome. I joined this week myself and I've found it to be a very warm and supportive community. You'll find a great home here. :)

lvl 1 star fleet adventurerSTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3battle log"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing." William Butler Yeats

So here I am, instead of canceling the gym membership I have had for about 5 months (yet can count on fingers how often I went) i'm kicking myself up the arse and taking charge. I'm about 5ft 10 and 16ish stone and after buying new trousers am ashamed to see i'm suddenly almost a 40 inch waist! I can't keep up with my 6 yr old son and my asthma has got to the point I rarely put my pump down. I suffer from Bi polar and have constant ups and downs (but atleast now I know what's going on) and I'm totally addicted to cola!!!

On positive side, I know all the above and want to change!

:)

Hi HappyRope! Welcome to the Rebellion!

It's great that you have a good stock of where you are and what you don't like. The next step is to decide what you DO want. If you haven't read Steve's article on Level 50 yet, that's a great place to start. It made it way easier to discover the road I need to take once I had the end destination in mind.

We're here to cheer you on!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Thanks, I now have a a challenge, for each waist size I loose my liovely wife says I can get a new Tattoo :)

I have bought veggies and intend to eat them even if I have to just swollow them down fast, I even tried milk for first time in about 30 years and eeeeeew it was sooo horrid, but I at least tried.

Tubby AdventurerSTR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4"Only in the darkness can one truly see the light"

Thanks, I now have a a challenge, for each waist size I loose my liovely wife says I can get a new Tattoo :)

I have bought veggies and intend to eat them even if I have to just swollow them down fast, I even tried milk for first time in about 30 years and eeeeeew it was sooo horrid, but I at least tried.

Hahah! That's awesome! Sounds like you might be a prime candidate for Paleo rather than Primal. Sounds like you've got some great rewards set up. Looking forward to seeing the new ink!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

You've done two of the hardest things already. You've determined where you are, and committed to making a change. I'm not bipolar, but was pretty severely depressed. Improved diet and excercize have helped a lot. Hopefully they will help you balance a little too.

This isn't a "diet" this is a change in your life and you need to be able to be happy in it, or what's the point? So, my advice is - If you don't like milk, don't drink it. There is also coconut milk, almond milk, iced green or black tea, and...water. Do ease off the cola slowly or substitute other caffeinated bevs, or you'll have killer caffeine withdrawl headaches. As for veggies, I usually drizzle mine with a little olive oil add salt & pepper, and microwave for 2-5 minutes (depending on type, quantity and how squishy you like them).

Most of us have found that we don't actually miss the junk and sugar after a few weeks, and it doesn't taste that good if you try going back to it. Here's hoping you get healthy and can keep up with your son. Hope to see you in the next challenge.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thank, milk is deffinitly a no go, I tried it as I heard it was healthy, but the stuff is just sooooo horrid (taste, texture). I'm enjoying the water tbh and atm, am allowing myself a small glass of coke to wake up or small coke if i'm out shopping, as a treat.

Have been reading lots about the types of food like Paleo/Primal and the Paleo stuff looks alot more me tbh... I love meat, fish and can eat some veg. Fruit will do me good and tomorrow i'm planning on trying roast brocly or coliflour with the salt and black pepper. Tonight i'm looking forward to my Pork and mixed veg and have already done 2 lots of excercises today, the body weight stuff and some dumbells :)

I'm looking forward to my first 6 week challenge

I even got a new haircut and feel quite good about myself today.

Really glad a friend told me of this site

Archived