Forums are back in action! ×

100 Burpee Challenge

OrangeJorwell

:)

I missed yesterday- it was just a wonky day- and I had a wedding to go to and a huge change of plans after due to mass transit not running when it was supposed to.  

Grumble grumble so I have 17 + 18 today.  One of my goals was to NOT fall behind.... or skip days- I was pretty happy with my progress- too bad I can't work ahead- I had done 40 on Saturday!! LOL

no worries.  Wish my back would stop bothering me though.  

bumpity bump

how are we doing?

I missed 5 the other day- did 20 and forgot the last 5- so no biggie- easy to catch up.

I have a big show coming this weekend- so trying to squeeze them in is getting tricky- I do them at dance class- I confess I stopped doing full blown push up burpees.  On days when I can actually work out- I do full push up burpees- on days when I squeeze them in- I do the half ass- no push up version.   I can tell it's going to be a thing at dance class- which are the days when I don't get to work out for real.  So I"m starting to include them before- between and after my classes- and it's going to be a definite thing for the next- ho hum- 70+ days.

no worries.  :) pretty pleased with my results thus far- I can't wait to do my 100 I'm so excited!  I know it's stupid but I want to see how fast I can do them!!!

Definitely have to time yourself once you get to 100 and then see if you can beat it!  I am slowly working on mine, still making myself do the full push-up burpee, I am at high enough numbers now that I have to break them in to sets.  But it will be awesome when I can do 100 all at once!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Sorry, I'm out...

I was pretty far behind and then I went on vacation and didn't do any so I ended up probably over 1500 burpees in the hole. Then a friend of mine got me to sign up for a marathon with only 10 weeks to train. Doable with my running base, but barely. I gave up on the burpees because I didn't think I could catch up without it effecting my running. (from a recovery and/or time standpoint)

Okay I'm back in! (sort of)

I don't think I will have the motivation to keep going as written so I'm making a major rule change for myself :

I'll just start where I left off instead of making up for missed days. So if I miss day 60, the next day instead of doing 121 (60 & 61), I will do 60 (and the next day do 61...).

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Sorry, I'm out...

I was pretty far behind and then I went on vacation and didn't do any so I ended up probably over 1500 burpees in the hole. Then a friend of mine got me to sign up for a marathon with only 10 weeks to train. Doable with my running base, but barely. I gave up on the burpees because I didn't think I could catch up without it effecting my running. (from a recovery and/or time standpoint)

Okay I'm back in! (sort of)

I don't think I will have the motivation to keep going as written so I'm making a major rule change for myself :

I'll just start where I left off instead of making up for missed days. So if I miss day 60, the next day instead of doing 121 (60 & 61), I will do 60 (and the next day do 61...).

yay don't quit :) sounds like an acceptable change (given the circumstances) to me. I'd have to make a rule about missing too many days for myself though... some kind of penalty or else I'd never get done.

good luck on the marathon!! You can do it :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Well heck, I haven't done something off the wall lately. Reckon April Fool's Day is a fittin' day to kick one of these off for myself. Starting at 1 of course.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Yep I'm on 91 as well :) Yay! Nearly done...

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

@missmajachere

bah humbug

I skipped wednesday on accident... had to do 69 yesterday.

I did some while I was hanging out- then when I went to workout- I added 2 rounds of burpees to my list of 6 exerciese and did round at 10, 15 then 10.

so all totally for my workout I did 70- plus the 25 I had done earlier.  So 85 total for the day.  I only needed 69- but felt good to the extra few.  :)

great workout- love adding in so many burpees!!! 

WOOT WOOT!

I usually add extras throughout the day.  If I find that I start to wonder around aimlessly I will stop and do 10 burpees and then after I just feel Soooo good!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

lol- can't do that at work- mostly because skirts are just not do-able for jumping- well actually neither is jumping up.  Push ups are do-able but I dislike jumping at work- not enough support for that in the top either LOL.

also... I agree- I do enjoy doing burpees between dance class (on our little 2-3 minute break) it is refreshing!!

Haha well my site trailer stays warm in the winter, and they made me a womans bathroom out of a c-can container!  It's pretty flash!

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Day 100 done today with one of my mates! We didn't time ourselves, but it was roughly 10 minutes (we kept our focus on technique rather than speed as we had done for the whole challenge). 

Congrats to everyone else who is finishing up soon! 

8635157155_530a6c20b6.jpg

Level 8 Wookiee Ranger

STR 33.5 | DEX 17.5 | STA 17.75 | CON 14.5 | WIS 18.5 | CHA 8.25
"Do, or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 Challenge #7

Fitocracy

Yay!! I finished today too! :) GO US!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

WOOT WOOT!!! I'll be half way done in 9 days.  today was 41. 

I've done 30 so far- i'm just going to add the other 11 tomorrow- tomorrow's a work out day- and today is not- so by sheer force of will I did them.  no worries- I'm not concerned.  

Sigh- SO FAR AWAY!!!!

how long did it take you and did you do full push up style burpee's?

I'm starting to wonder if I want to change mine up and do reps of 10- like 10 pull up burpees, 10 single leg burpees- 10 start burpees etc etc...

we'll see- not sure- I have time- maybe for day 50 i'll do that!! :D

Archived