Forums are back in action! ×

67 lbs down in a year :)

Hey folks,

I've been a lurker and occasional poster but I haven't really gotten fully into the rebellion while I went through this past year's initial transformation. I'm here to share my progress thus far and hop into the rebellion to next level and help me reach my goals for 2013.

On 12/29/11 I decided to commit and change my life. At the time I weighed 352lbs. Being 6'6" it wasn't as mortifying as that number makes it sound, but it was still morbidly obese and heavy and fat.

On 12/29/12 I weighed in at 284.2, a drop of 67.8 lbs :)

The majority of this change was driven through just purely cardio whether on the treadmill (walking initially and now running up to two miles), hiking in the mountains outside Seattle, and biking during the summer to commute back and forth from work. I didn't dive into weight training because, well, I didn't. No real good reason. That's one of the goals for 2013.

According to my home electroalysis body fat meter (Omron) I'm around 28.5% body fat at my current weight.

Here's a four photo progression over the past year:

d1Fsp.jpg

Last photo if after a 2 mile run so I forgot to smile for the pic and instead look like a brain-dead zombie. Oh well.

Anyways, I'm here to join the rebellion and take 2013 to the next level :)

Patrick "Trick" JarrettTwitter

Minotaur working to be a Ranger in the Pacific Northwest.

My Battle Log

Quite likely :)

Do! Do!  Also, I'm interested to know what your plans are this year.  Paleo?  Strength training?  Mr Universe competition?  (Just kidding on the last one. But still, I'm curious.)

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived