Forums are back in action! ×

A Sort-Of Reintroduction

Well, Hi...

I've previously been known for storytelling in posts, but I'm getting right to the heart of it.

I'll just include a not particularly brief, slightly out of context quote to explain exactly why I'm here...

"You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around. But nothing will ever change. That cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle. It's who you are. The thing standing in the way of your dreams is that the person having them is you." (XKCD 1027)

I've been on NF for a while, but have been on hiatus for some time now.

Previously I never really achieved anything long-lasting, fell off the wagon a few too many times, and generally felt like a failure.

Combine that with major personal issues leading to me losing even basic good habits and routines. The result is me being in at the lowest I've been in quite some time.

I know I need to start over, and it won't be easy; I need to start over and build new foundations.

I'm going to use these forums as a resource and to keep me accountable via the Daily Battle Logs; you'll see me there shortly.

I'm tired of being stuck in this rut, and the last thing I want is to be stuck in a vicious cycle of ups and downs for the rest of my life.

So I need to build a foundation, re-evaluate my situation and find out what isn't working, finding out what does and doing it.

I most likely won't be taking part in the challenges, but that's because they haven't worked for me personally in the past:

Maybe it's that it's hard to balance several goals at once, maybe I set myself up for failure with difficult goals, or maybe I just fell off the wagon too many times.

But either way, I don't think it would be in my best interest to start a challenge without building a new foundation first.

Also, this is oddly appropriate for my situation:
http://xkcd.com/1154/

It's from the same webcomic I picked up that quote in my last post from.

I wish you luck in getting started in the right direction. It's hard but it can be done. Especially with the help of this community. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived