Forums are back in action! ×

learning the power of small change

Hello everyone. I have been reading Steve's blog for almost a year. In fact I have been reading a lot of information about the most effective way to lose weight and feel better. I got started with the 4 Hour Body. That lead me to the Primal Blueprint. I have been mostly Primal for over a year, and when doing what I know is best for me, I feel great. Afternoon slump? Gone. IBS? Cured. And like most people around here, my main motivation was weight loss. I started at 220 lbs with a goal of 170. At my best I got down to 180, but then I got cocky. It was so easy that I didn't think I needed to be so particular. BIG MISTAKE!. I am currently back up to 200. A number I never wanted to see again. More importantly, all the new clothes I bought for my new (old) waist are too tight. I will NOT buy fat pants again.

I have my nerd membership card. My best time on the original Super Mario is 12:41. I am eagerly awaiting the release of A Memory of Light. And I have an addiction to World of Warcraft. But unlike most nerds, my problem is an over abundance of confidence. I think I can do anything. And That lack of humility has packed a bag of butter on my ass.

I know it works. I have lost 40 lbs. I know it feels awesome. What I don't know is why I started sabotaging myself. Well, I am looking for some small compelling habits that will allow me to change for the better. I am really looking forward to the next six week challenge. I have been a warrior in the past but like Caramon from the Dragonlance books, when the war was over, I let my muscle turn to fat. Now the world needs saving, and I have a job of work ahead of me to do my part. I can't wait to start the six week challenge. Expect goals focused on small activities that will prime me for lasting change.

It's nice to meet you all. And I look forward to keeping each other accountable to doing what is best for us. 

Change is coming.

Caovao

"Time to roll the dice!"

Level 1 Hill Dwarf AdventurerSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 4

Victory has defeated you Mr. Wayne. (Sorry I couldn't help myself).

I've been there twice, gaining back after losing considerable weight. I think the answer to why you started sabotaging yourself is already in your post.

my problem is an over abundance of confidence. I think I can do anything. And That lack of humility has packed a bag of butter on my ass.
. Did lack of humility lead you to think you could eat whatever you wanted after you lost all your weight? If so, then that may be an area where you want to focus in addition to the physical aspects of getting healthy.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived