Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, everyone! I joined NF back in the summer, with a desire to level up my life. I suffer from Crohn's Disease and had been having a lot of problems, which the doctor couldn't figure out. I thought maybe if I changed my diet and tried to be more physically active, that maybe things would improve. Unfortunately, on top of other things going wrong in my life, it turned out that my health was much worse than I thought. It became so bad that I couldn't eat and could barely move. The doc finally discovered what was going on, and I ended up having a major surgery in October to fix the problems I was having. I'm feeling so much better now, and I've been cleared by my doctor to begin more physical activity. So here I am! During the time I've been recovering, I had to slowly work in better health habits, and discovered that small, gradual changes really do work better! Haha. I should have listened to Steve. Anyway, I've already made great strides, but I'm back on NF so I can continue improving. :-)

Hey! I just came back from a serious bout with my Ulcerative Colitis.  I feel your pain, keep it up!  I

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

My dad has Crohn's and has had multiple surgeries. His seemed to get better once he retired. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I'm pretty sure in his case his Chron's was exacerbated by stress. Certainly eating healthy and being healthily active can help with almost any disorder, so good luck!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived