Forums are back in action! ×

Day one, square one

Hi everyone, my name is Rikard and I live in Sweden.

I'd like to tell you my story sofar:

When I got back from my summer hollidays (mid august) I felt like I'd had enough. My waist had been expanding for 15 years straight, now meassuring a grand 134cm (~53"). I had problems with my right knee and was feeling, to put i mildly, unhappy with myself. I stepped up on a pallet scale at work and it told me 130kg! Granted, with steel cap shoes and dressed for work but still...

I started thinking and reading, how to change my diet to something I can live with without feeling miserable or like I'm missing out. And it wasn't as hard as I'd expected, baby steps were the key for me. For example, eat two eggs instead of four cheese sandwiches, eating a little less every meal to shrink my stomach and I started to get results fast!

I'm happy to report that by dec 20th I had lost 18cm around the waist and 24kg since august... and that is weight lost, I've stepped up on the very same scale every monday about the same time, dressed the same way, with roughly the same amount of stuff in my pockets. Guess you can call it being consistently incorrect.  :tongue:  I still have no real idea how much I actually weigh but that isn't important to me right now. It's still way more than I'd like so... I do have photos to prove my story but I'm not 100% comfortable sharing them just yet. A tall (191cm) overweight man getting less fat, you get the idea.

All weight lost sofar is ONLY thanks to a new and healthier diet and I feel like it's time to introduce exercise to continue loose centimeters and weight.

I'd been thinking what my next step should be in order to continue reducing my waist line when I friend told me about this great community! I spent a few days reading articles and forum posts, the stories about other pepole getting back in to shape so here I am, ready for more awesomness!

Luckilly I have accsess to a pretty decent gym at work so I'll start tomorrow with the 'Starting Strength' program, will try to establish a 'base line' to determine how strong I am so I can set resonable goals for the upcomming challange.

My first goal is being able to do a true 'Pull up', might not get there in six weeks but atleast do a few negative pull ups with full controll.

Hoping to join the warriors once I get strong enough to actually lift something... :playful:

Bumper way to finish off last year, dropping 24kgs! 

As soon as you made the choice to start lifting, you became a Warrior mate. Doesn't matter whether its just the bar, you're in. 

For us to help you out the best, get a battle log started or join in the new 6 week challenge starting on the 7th Jan. That way we can keep tabs on you and cheer you on as you make even more gains. 

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Woah, 24 kg already. Awesome!

And hi there, fellow Swede. Welcome to the Rebellion. See you around.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Good job so far on the weight loss. I'm trying to do a pull-up myself, though recent back trouble has put the breaks on that. I think for me losing weight is key, I need to get my weight down so I don't have to work so hard on a pull up. Keep up the good work and the cm lost is a better tracker of progress than the kg lost.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived