Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel from the Rebel County.

Hey! My Name is David, Or Daíthí if you will. I'm originaly from Armagh in Northern Ireland although I now live in the Kingdom of fife in scotland. I've read this blog for months for motivation and have decided bugger it.

For the last year I've weight lifted with the guidence of my uncle whose a long time Gym Monkey, Body builder and I made absolutely no improvement at all. I was still thin as a rake and had made little improvement. So Naturaly I quit the gym and stopped taking his Advice, I stumbled along 5x5 stronglifts and immediately became addicted to Barbell training, It makes me grin when I squat or Dead lift in a gym where most of the Huge guys are afraid of hurting their back or knees.

In the space of three months of only going 3 times a Week I've bulked a little and look alot better and am noticably stronger. If I flex I can even see my Abbs. Plus I was able to lift my 12 stone sister and set her out of the way during a house party, That was fun.

But there's still one thing holding me back. . . .

My diet!

I don't drink juice, I don't smoke and only drink every few weeks. But I've a sweet toof and eat what ever is cooked for me at home. But I  know now if I want to see improvement I need to fix my Diet. I've my eyes on moving into the Paleo diet if my bankaccount allows it.

So my goals?

Start the Paleo diet!

Improve my overhead push

Improve my Deadlift.

Enjoy the results.

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

Welcome aboard. Diet is 80% of weightloss, though in your situation if you're trying to build muscle mass it's also a big part of bulking. Eat lots and lots of protien and don't be afraid of fat.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hurrah!  And welcome to the Rebellion.

Definitely don't be afraid of natural fats, especially if you're going Paleo.  I had trouble getting enough calories when I first started, and you'll have even more trouble since you're naturally thin (and I'm definitely not naturally thin!).  Make sure you're eating your meats, but don't shirk the oils and nuts.  Apparently avocados are great, and if you can figure out how to stomach them (blech) then let me know.  :)

Are you looking at jumping in on the 6-Week Challenge that starts next week?

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived