Forums are back in action! ×

Grateful for 2012

Howdy!  I am happy that this is a new year and that I so grateful that in 2013 :onthego: .  I am going to truly start living and stop just merely existing.  This is good news for me because I finally have opened my eyes and gained some awareness.  I have a lot of goals that I have broken down into baby steps so that one step at a time I can help my dreams become reality.  I stumbled upon this website and it has really grasped my attention.  There is so much useful and interesting information located here and it is becoming an important tool in my life journey.

I have been feeling terrible for at least the last year and I am sick of it!  My battle plan is to CHANGE my unhealthy habits little by little and replace them with healthier habits that I actually enjoy and that will make me feel better… normal…. Healthy!  I plan to follow the Paleo Diet I found on this site and then after a couple weeks of following that diet I will be increasing my daily exercises and adding new exercises until I find the perfect routine for me.  I am going to push myself to my limits and never give up!

I plan to bring commitment, encouragement, and the willingness to share my experience through my process to the table.  I am willing to help anyone in their process as well whenever I can be of assistance.   :moon: 

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

First suggestion - Join the 6-week challenge starting on Monday.  I expect the information sheet to be posted later today, but you can look at the info sheet for the last one to get the idea and be thinking about what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.  The challenge is a great way to commit to concrete goals and plans - and report on your progress. 

A good general workout - Beginners body weight training 2-3 days a week, on alternate days (2-3 a week) some cardio that you like (or don't hate).  1-3 rest days per week.  A lot of us also do a mile walk in the morning.  It only takes 15-20 minutes and its a good wake-up.  It also helps unkink things. 

If you need any help, give me a shout.  Welcome to 2013 and the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome aboard, I don't have much to add to Laureleye's excellent advice other than to encourage you that you have the right starting place and a realistic plan based on your post.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived