Forums are back in action! ×

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

There was a squishy little banana who wanted to be a tougher fruit, like an apple. Or something. So she searched far and wide until she finally found a community of rebels who offered her some guidance. . .

Hey guys! I'm Banana, and I just realized that I haven't watched Star Wars in ages. Sad life. 

After spending most of my childhood round and overweight, I settled into a healthy weight a little under 2 years ago by cutting out processed foods for a few months and joining my high school's softball team. Since then I've dabbled in other things - volleyball, running, hiking, and I even went to an open quidditch practice at college (it was awesome, but I am not yet worthy.) Very little of it stuck (especially through the first quarter of college, which basically obliterated all of my pretension to physical, mental, and emotional health.) While I've been on break, I've been working on figuring out how to maintain a healthy (or at least healthier than I have been) lifestyle in spite of an exorbitantly long commute and tendency toward procrastination. Collecting a bunch of underpants, if you will, though I've also been doing some basic body weight and dumbbell exercises in my living room (and can now do a push-up! holy cow!) So I'm here because a lot of the underpants I've collected have come from Nerd Fitness articles, and also just because it seems like an awesome little corner of the internet. For the long term, I don't have any concrete goals. I just want to try a bunch of new activities, get stronger, and learn how to do more cool things with my body (push-ups are only the beginning! Bwahahahahahaaa!)

Until next time, 

Banana

There is a 6-week challenge starting on Monday.  I expect the information sheet to be posted later today, but you can look at the info sheet for the last one to get the idea and be thinking about what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.  The challenge is a great way to commit to concrete goals and plans - and report on your progress.  Join on in!

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

There is a 6-week challenge starting on Monday.  I expect the information sheet to be posted later today, but you can look at the info sheet for the last one to get the idea and be thinking about what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.  The challenge is a great way to commit to concrete goals and plans - and report on your progress.  Join on in!

If you want fitness to stick, some long term goals would be a helpful target to keep you on track. What would you like to see change with you in the next six weeks?

I started a challenge thread here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/22258-one-silly-bananas-excellent-adventure/

For the first six weeks, at least, my ultimate aim is to make healthy habits stick. Eating better, sleeping on time, being reasonable in my planning then actually doing the things I have planned. More fitness-specific goals will follow when the general framework is in place. 

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

Archived