Forums are back in action! ×

hi from norn iron

Hi there, my name is james and i'm a 45 year old health care worker and farmer from northern ireland. I came across this form via the how to suvive a zombie apocalype article.  hopefully a unhealth obsession with the undead is nerdy enough for admission here

Health history - i've always been heavy but active.  Played a bit of rugby back in the day and had a reasonably physical lifestyle with the farm and other jobs but as I got older and kids turned up my weight started to rise until about six years ago i was 1lb short of 20 stone(279lb). 

Finally got my act into gear and lost around 4 stone with RTE's operation transformation diet along with walking/jogging.

Then the weight started creaping back until now i'm back to 18st 6lb and i've hit the warning sign of needing a 40inch waist on jeans.

something needs to be done!

The Targets - this is my decimal challange,

Weigh under 100kg (220lb), this was always a weight i was always content around, (BMI wise the target should be 83kg (184lb) but one thing at a time).

Run a 10K in under an hour. this challange comes from my 14 year old son who what to run with me. (time pressure - the two local races are in late may and mid june)

Bench press 100 kg. In reality this one is a real problem but the idea of being able to bench your body weight has a nice balance to it.

The plan

Currently starting the C25K programme for the running,

Either back to the gym or the beginner body weight progamme if i'm time limited.

Operation transformation starts again next week and the wife want to use the diet section so for the moment thats the eating planned.

Well here goes.......

Level 1 Adventurer:

str 3, dex 1, sta 2, con 4, wis 3, cha 2

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29974-keerans-second-challenge-reset-button-start-new-game/

"assumption is the mother of all fek up"

Anyone searching out zombies on the net is welcome here.  Did you know that there is a 6-week challenge starting on Monday.  I expect the information sheet to be posted later today, but you can look at the info sheet for the last one to get the idea and be thinking about what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.  The challenge is a great way to commit to concrete goals and plans - and report on your progress.  Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

That's for the support, the challenge seems to be the way to go.....now to define the goals.

Got nice stamina and diet ones but need a strength one.

Is a 20 kg increase in bench press excessive (starting from 40kg)? Or am I aiming low?

Level 1 Adventurer:

str 3, dex 1, sta 2, con 4, wis 3, cha 2

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29974-keerans-second-challenge-reset-button-start-new-game/

"assumption is the mother of all fek up"

Archived