Forums are back in action! ×

Alright, alright...

Time to get crack-a-lacking!

Father of two, a five year old and 14 month old.  Over the past several years, despite daily exercise (30-45 minute cardio sessions, I have managed to pack on some excess baggage.  I am 6 feet tall and as of yesterday 215 lbs.  My ideal weight is in the 175 to 185 range.

I have no one to blame but myself for the extra poundage...my diet has been pretty good, except for the extra calories consumed in the form of "adult" beverages.  I love a few beers, or a bourbon or two...but when I have a few drinks I tend to eat more of the wrong things at night.  

Now that I have identified the problem time to make some changes.  I have adopted the paleo diet and I intend to change my workout routine.  I have a Fitbit which I love, and I have been starting off my days with 5.5 miles walks...by the end of the day I am averaging about ten miles.  I just ordered some Bowflex Seletech weights and I plan on incorporating strength training several times a week.

I choose walking over running because two years ago I had both of my hips replaced and prefer lower impact exercises.  

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell and I look forward to sharing my progress.

Welcome to the rebellion!  Is your thread title a reference to Geoffery Peterson's impression of Matthew McConaughey? You're on the right track, cleaning up diet and adding strength to Cardio is a great way to lose weight.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived