Forums are back in action! ×

Interview with a newborn Ent named Panczo

Welcome everybody - big or small, old or young, boy or lass, elf or orc, etc :)
Finally! Rises from the ashes, new Ent is born from the earth. Another addition to this fine Rebellion.

I want to talk about so many things about me, but who will read all that? After all I am just another Rebel, not different than any others newbies. So instead of writing whole essay here, I will let myself answer 10 MOST IMPORTANT questions about me and so you will have general idea of what kind of ENT I am.

1. Panczo you are so awesome,  are you single?

Nope, sorry…

… hello? Next question?

2. I see you can’t see the sarcasm. Ok then. Tell us who you are?

I am 28 male; living in small town in Poland; in relationship with gorgeous lass [she might read that one day so :)]

2. What is Start Point for Panczo?

I.Skinny and Tall – that what I am.

-          Height: 6,17 feet = 188cm

-          Weight: 165,35lbs = 75kg

-          Body Fat %: 14,50% (it was like 17% 180 days ago)

-          BMI: 21,2

-          Biceps: 12,44 inches = 31,6cm

II. Strength:

-          Pushups – x8

-          Pull-Ups – x7

-          Plank – 60s

-          Bench Press: 54kg

3. Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?

Always LOTR. But also big fan of Harry Potter. My girlfriend always says that I am like Ronald – silly and goofy. And then I say like: WTH gal?!? Check out those biceps! And then she says like: 'Pleeeeaaaase' and walks away  :hopelessness: ... So I guess I am kinda like Ron afterall

4. What kind of creature will Panczo be around here?

Race: Ent Wanna-Be Half-Dwarf Half-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle  :pirate:

Profession: Warrior. (one day maybe monk, assasin or druid)

5. So you are an Ent and wanna be what?

I got 4 favorite movies: Fellowship of the Ring, Matrix, K-Pax, Titans. Although first movie that make me a movie-lover was Twister.

Sorry, just wanna say that. About your question: Yes, I wanna be half-dwarf half-tmnt. I guess I like dwarfs the most of all fantasy races. Unfortunately I can’t be dwarf myself (I am to tall) – but half-dwarf is doable: growing my beard at the moment  :triumphant:

TMNT is about they skills and look. They healthy, they chill yet responsible when they have to, they muscular and strong, their aerobic and fight skills are freakin awesome, they have good lines, they have their own master and they can eat as much pizza as they want – what else do you want?

6. Good luck with that. Any special skills Panczo?

I can solve Rubic’s Cube in under 5 min if that counts? No? I am also writing a fantasy novel – actually Panczo is a name of a dwarf from that novel  :victorious:  Not interested? I can fly baby fly!!! Aha now you’re listening heh? Sorry, just kidding.

7. No comment. So what are Panczo’s ultimate goals in fitness?

That is a hard question cause they are evolving all the time. But at this moment they looks like this:

-          Push: First Hand Stand for 30s then Hand Stand Push Up

-          Pull: 15 pull ups

-          Legs: Squat 100kgs

-          Bicep: 14,17 inches = 36cm

-          Static strength: Human Flag

-          Aerobics: Back handspring

-          Out of my comfort zone: Bungee Jumping  -> Ski Diving -> Jumping of the high cliff to the water ... Nope, that will never happen ... unless  :very_drunk:

8.  How you train Panczo?

Last 4 months I did barbell lifting (SS style). I loved it, but my form (especially squat and DL) was not so great so I decided to GET BACK TO BASICS: I will be doing Body Weight Training now. I also walk 1 mile everyday in the morning and sometimes swim on weekends. I had to left soccer behind and do some clean cooking during that time…

Oh you meant how hard I train? Well, I like to train as hard as stone girl!

9.  Yeah right! Anyways Panczo, what kind of superpower would you like to have, while you can’t have none?

That is easy one: ability to stop the time! Like the girl from “Out of this world†ya know? I could do lots of stuff then and always have time  :pride:  get it? Always have time ha ha ha  :highly_amused: ... Ok, it dosen't make sense to me either  :numbness:

10. Ok, it becomes creepy so we’ll be ending. Last question Panczo. Very important, are you ready? Here we go… Wait, why the hell do you keep your hand in your pants you sick ****!?!?

Uhhmm … You see… uhmm… I was just… :redface-new:

It was a rhetorical question moron!!!  :nightmare:

Oh ok. See you around then right? Right? … Hey! Where did she go?

….

That is it folks. Of course if you have any questions for Panczo (they don’t have to be nonsense) go ahead, I will be more then glad to connect with all you guys.

Ps. Please don’t be offended by any of these. My sense of humor might be a bid weird but I promise I meant no harm or disrespect.

Ps. 2. Forgive me all gramma and spelling mistakes – English isn’t my native language

for the Shire!!!  :applause:

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Panczo you are so awesome. You made me laugh out loud with your weird silliness. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

You are either 1) a nerd, or 2) out of your mind.  

Actually I hope I am kinda both  :peaceful: In a good way I mean...

Panczo you are so awesome. You made me laugh out loud with your weird silliness. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Thanks Avallona. I hope I'll stay here for good  :teapot:

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Don't you have a personal trainer or experienced lifter you can call on for help with lifting form, if that's the only thing stopping you sticking with weightlifting? If all else fails IRL, you can always post some videos here on NF for other nerdy powerlifters to comment on your form. :)

Hi Athena

I'm not sure if I am right, please correct me if not: I read lots of great sources about squat technique but no matter what, I always round my lower back a little at the lower part of the exercise.

• I am doing the hip hinge,
  • i am spreading my legs out,
  • i found my ideal legs posiotioning,
  • i am tightening the core
  • i keep most of my weight at my heels
  • my knee wont go past the toes

all those things do not prevent me from rounding my lower back. I needed to find reason for that and figure out that it must me due to my weak core and lack of flexibility in hamstrings and glutes. That's why I decided to get back to basics and first earn strong core and work on my flexibility. But dont get me wrong, I dont hate bodyweight trening - actually I start to enjoy this primal workout and thinking that is the safest way to start building stronger and bigger body :)

So the question to nerdy powerlifters is: Is it possible that my weaknesses dont let me do a proper squat or is this just a matter of wrong technique anyway and I should see a trainer?

ps2. Athena, your story and progress are amazing :)

ps. no expierence lifters around, I train alone in my basement gym:) + I guess I am to shy and weird to go and seek advice at the gym anyway ;/

thanks a lot Athena for those videos. I just learned from them that my issue is called: butt wink :) - my pelvis is rounding at the very bottom. Now that I know how it is called I can focus on fixing that while doing my bodyweight training.

One of solutions for my butt wink is to let your knees go far then your toes. Not much but about 2-3inchess (5-8cm). But it will put more tension on the knees. So now the question is: should I take care more of my lower back not rounding or my knees not going past my toes? I guess I will have to try both versions and see which one feels more right!

interview continues ... ?

Ok where that cute lady went? I mean, that was only a joke. Doesn't she knows that ents dont wear any pants at all? So what was that all about? I am confused ...

Well, you are confused most of your life, so there's no different anyway! Ok, you wanted to say something else besides those not-funny jokes above?

Yeap I am. I got one more thing to tell you about me. I figured that this will give many people good way of telling if I am more nerd or OOMM (as Laureleye noticed) or both.

Come on then lad, don't let us wait second longer (yaaaaaawn).

Those will be my merits and my flaws

Please tell us about your flaws first. Pleeeeease:

Uhmm, ok. Let's see:

• I overthink things - definetely think to much and do to little
  • My social skills both in real life and a bit on the net are ridiculously weak - IRL is partially purposely - I dont have much time for new friends anyway. But maybe I could change old ones that I dont like very much? :pig:
  • I am complaining about my job a lot but not doing much about it - except lazing there
  • I am a smart ass sometimes and don't like to take other advices unless I ask for it - please don't take it to your heart and advice me on anything.
  • I change life directions too often
  • I spend to much time on the net, while I feel I should take more care with my real life - yeap, that includes NFR! I like you guys anyway :D
  • ........... more to be add. I need to ask my lass about some more. She will know, Oh she DEFINETELY will know, somehow she always knows this one :D

Wow, they are few and that is just a tip of an iceberg :D It feels like confession somewhat.

Ok now about my merits, that should be more fun:

Sorry Panczo, we got to go for now. See you later, cheers mate!

Wait, whaa?

Oh :hopelessness:

Archived