Forums are back in action! ×

Taking the plunge...

Alright, so I am Soyala and I am not really new to fitness...but I am. I've been a bit of a yoyoer when it comes to going to the gym and working out. I usually try to pay attention to what I am eating but only really regulate myself the first half of the year or so. It seems that once I go on vacation (usually in june or july) I pretty much can the strict calorie regulations and workouts. I want to make it something that becomes natural to me and something I at least kinda look forward to doing.

Right now I am bout 15-20 lbs over my ideal weight. I weigh exactly 150lbs and am 5'5" and I should be 130-135 lbs. I've not found a workout that I can say I LOVE doing. Right now I do cardio on an elliptical and I am integrating a strength training circuit into my week which I'll do 3 days a week and do cardio the other 3 days. I made the circuit thanks to the website actually and I am hoping, maybe having something set in stone like a circuit where I can see myself improving, will keep me motivated. We shall see. I just started the circuit today as a test. I am actually in need of posting the circuit at some point to make sure it's suitable as I've never done strength training before. hahaha

I am excited to get started though. I started my workout on the 1st at my local gym as it's way too cold for me to go outside right now and I hate exercising at home. I tried it once and noticed I found more excuses to not exercise when I was doing stuff at home than if I had a gym membership and went there. Home for me is a place to relax and I can't get over that mindset. So, the gym it is! 

So yea...my little ramble about me and my off and on exercise regime.

Laureleye: It took me a lot of trial and error to realize what will and won't work for me. In some points Ia m still working on it. hah. And yes, I will be participating in the challenge. Ijust posted my thread in the adventurers forum and signed-up.

Athena: Yea, that's one of my goals in the challenge too. :)

Archived