Forums are back in action! ×

And so it begins...

My name is Mandy, but I do answer to bitten1ce (pronounced "bitten once"), and a multitude of other nicknames. I'm 30, weigh 240 lbs, 5'4'', and I have exercise-induced asthma. I've been using my asthma as an excuse to avoid running & strenuous exercise for far too long.

I've gone through periods of life where I was "absolutely determined" to lose weight, get skinnier, etc. and I'm sick of it. I've been insane - changing what I say I want without changing my methods and expecting to get better results each time. 

Changing the way my body looks is not enough motivation for me, I guess, but I think I've found a good motivator in Parkour. I absolutely love the idea of being able to run, jump, vault, and even flip my way around a city, even though I don't know when I would need those skills.

I have a long list of things I want to be able to do, which can be summed up with one idea: spy. I'm talking the type like Jason Bourne, Aaron Cross, not so much James Bond; someone with abilities like Cole McGrath from inFamous, Hawkeye and Black Widow from The Avengers, Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, Annie Oakley from the wild west, and the spies in the Bourne series.

I love the idea of having a superhero alter-ego, so I think I'll resurrect an old nickname to create one: TechFoo Girl. TechFoo Girl was a name my group of friends used for me in our high school theatre, because I was mostly fearless, ran up & down 12' ladders, single-handedly pulled sofas/couches up that same distance, managed to perform technical functions at the same time as acting in shows, and had the confidence to perform as Bloody Mary in South Pacific. For those who don't know the show, that means two singing solos, and a whole slew of lines as one half of the comedic relief duo in a dramatic musical. It took superhero-like confidence to do all of that, and somewhere along the way I've lost touch with that girl.

Starting today, I will re-embrace that part of myself. TechFoo Girl is fearless; climbs like a monkey; sprints fast enough to run around a building in less than a minute; runs long distances without tiring; meets challenges head-on; and has the strength of body, mind, and will to throw around men double her size if they treat her with disrespect (yeah, I did that once, too). That is who I choose to be.

Bitten1ce, Level 3 Halfling Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 3

First Challenge  Second Challenge

"Love as thou wilt" - Blessed Elua (fictional character created by Jacqueline Carey)

Archived