Forums are back in action! ×

The egg that blew up in my face. For real-It exploded.

IrishPirate

So, I worked a trade show over this past weekend. And since it was myself and one other girl there, combined with "no eating allowed at the booths", and the lunches provided were things like pizza etc that I cannot eat due to gluten, I was EXTREMELY hungry when I got home yesterday afternoon from it.

I decided to heat up some eggs with a little cheese as I knew I was going to be eating a decent dinner a few hours later and just wanted a little snack.

so, I happily heat up my eggs, melt a little cheese, and take them downstairs to my video game cave.

I grab my fork, cut into the first egg,

and the gorram thing EXPLODES into my face, covering me, the bookcase, the sofa, and the TV.

(we're talking about a 6 foot radius here)

and

yes.

I now have MELTED CHEESE BURNS and blisters on my face (including my eyelid)

Dear Gods. Its the most ridiculous thing that has happened to me since I went tobbaggoning down the stairs in mid July when I was 13 and chipped my tooth when I smacked my face on a step.

Im ok, other than that lovely burn pain that happens.

Made me consider becoming a Raw Foodist for a second.

Then I carefully poked the rest of the food, and gobbled it up. Aloed my face, and then tried to figure out how to explain that to Mr Pirate (who is a paramedic and nurse) without him laughing at me too much.

Lesson here: wear safety goggles when eating

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

I was doing a little research the other week on cooking eggs in the microwave.  Almost everywhere suggested poling the yolk so that pressure woudln't build up in it.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

That is one of the most incredulous and entertaining stories I've heard all day.  It made me laugh when I can really use a laugh today.

Thanks for sharing!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

How eggstremely eggstraordinary.  Who eggver heard of eggsploding cheese?  I've heard of eggs eggsploding in the shell, but outside the shell, that's a newly hatched phenomeggnon.

perhaps neggst time you could scramble the eggs ... that way you will not get a cooked outside with a hot runny inside, primed to burst when you stick a fork in.  (Have you ever tried to soften a stick of butter in the microwave?  If you don't chop it up into pieces, it WILL explode.  Same reason why you poke holes in a potato when you nuke it.)

I never trust microweggs to cook food, except for steaming veggetables.  They never, eggver do it evenly.  Short bursts of radieggtion and freggquent stirring are the only approach that works.

You asked for puns.  Puns I shall grant, in spades.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Wow, I haven't had anything like that happened to me yet. Thanks for sharing I will have to remember this next time I go making eggs. Have to admit though it's a funny story to tell after the fact. :) Glad you weren't hurt to bad and I hope them eggs were delicious

KK, level 1 Land Nymph. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 4|CHA 3

]“Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it.  So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.â€

— Thomas J. Watson

Archived