Forums are back in action! ×

Mahray reporting in

Hi everyone.

My name's Mahray (at least, I've been called that on and off for better than a decade now). I'm here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, because a good friend of mine (hi CeeCee!) suggested I join. I also had the joys of an ambulance ride and hospital visit last week due to chest pains - turns out while my heart is in awesome condition, I still think I need to improve the rest of me.

I work as a secondary teacher, so while not exactly a desk job I'm not too active at work (a lot of standing and moving around). I'm also carrying a knee injury, going on nearly three months now. It is making some activities more difficult, but my surgeon's advice (or part of it) is that the knee takes a force equivalent to seven times the body weight. I see that as a chance to do a great deal of good for my knees by losing weight.

At the moment I'm an adventurer, but I'll probably spend some time as a warrior in the future.

I also live in Australia (so my hospital trip cost me nothing), which means all my measurements will be in the metric system :)

Ogre Adventurer

STR 4 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

I have a bad knee also.  It is a bit of a balancing act building it up without reinjuring it, but it can be done.  Losing a few pounds will definately help.  Glad CeeCee talked you into joining.  I hope you'll join the challenge, even though it already started. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome to the rebellion! I can speak from first-hand experience how beneficial it was for my knee pain to lose some weight, was literally day and night. Good luck!

iAtlas, Level 1 Half-Elf MonkSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Battle Log | Intro | Challenge

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.â€

-Ayn Rand

Archived