Forums are back in action! ×

Intro– Origin Story Style!

Origin Story: 

On a small inland coastline, tucked in between a sprawling dark forest and miles of open water, was the bustling town I called my home. Raised to be an inquisitive lass by a Merchant and Healer, I grew up traveling across the land and learning to aid others, to the point that it became part of who I am. Not long into childhood, the joys of exotic foods and ancient tomes made themselves known, and frequency of my adventures decreased. It seemed the more knowledge I acquired, the more my figure acquired. 

Fast forward to the cusp of adulthood; standing at only five-six of feet, and weighing two-fifty in pounds, my health had reached a point where I had endangered myself. As the ward of a healer, I was shocked at the diagnosis. Pre-diabetic. Knee problems. Endocrine problems. Maybe, unable to have children. And it would only snowball if I didn't do anything about it. That was enough to shock me into making changes, albeit slow ones. In the two years following, I had been able to lose over eighty pounds, on my own. Yet in a period of darkness this past year, I had gained twenty of those pounds back. Unwilling to let the demons roaming my home lands defeat me, I fled south, and found apprenticeship in a scholarly institution. I am now studying to be a nutritional healer, but still struggle with the results of years of self-abuse. 

Real Time:

Now that I'm a university student, and far from the source of many of my struggles, I've felt so much more free to tackle and take on my own inner monsters. I've been working steadily since last fall, and have managed to take off six pounds already through diet alteration alone. I'm hoping that by joining this community that overflows with support, I can find a steady source of encouragement and an extended hand, when I stumble on my journey. My plan is to get in on the challenges (I've started offline already!), and become involved and report back frequently so the ball stays rolling. I've even managed to find a campus work out buddy, but they're waiting until the classes settle to join me. 

So! Here I am, excited and delighted to meet you all. I look forward to seeing everyone around! 

~Morrigen

Starting Statistics:

Hume Adventurer

Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 1

Hume Adventurer

LVL 1

STR 2 • DEX 1 â€¢ STA 2 â€¢ CON 4 â€¢ WIS 5 â€¢ CHA 1

Current (First) Challenge

I see you're planning on joining the challenges; I hope that includes the one in progress.  You're a little late, but don't let that stop you from joining on in.  You've made so much progress, I'm glad that you didn't let a little back-slide turn into an avalanche.  You can send me a message if you have a question.  Good luck and welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome, Morrigen. Thanks for sharing your story of awakening self-awareness. I applaud the changes already made; to me that bodes well for your success. I'm a noob around here, but I'm already pretty sure including the NF community in your arsenal gives you a huge boost on your quest. I'll keep an eye out for your challenge should you decide to post it. All the best!

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Archived