Forums are back in action! ×

Starting Over All Over

Hi everyone,

I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been dieting off and on for... yikes, the better part of a decade. Several years ago I lost close to 90 pounds doing Weight Watchers. I looked and felt great. After that, though, things didn't go so well. I'd gain wait, and lose a little bit. Gain a bit, lose a bit. But I'd always gain a little more and lose a little bit less. 

Now, I've gained back about 60 of those pounds I initially lost. I hate this. I squandered all that hard work. And I want to get back in shape.

I don't like this. I want to be back in shape. I've got my first kid on the way, and I don't want him or her to have a fat dad. 

I'm one of those people whose read everything. My problem's not a lack of knowledge. It's lack of focus. That has to change.

Hoping the Rebel community's got room for one more. 

On the other hand, you've still lost 30 pounds, and you've decided to do something to stop the slide NOW.  So yay!   I'd recommend that you click on the NERD FITNESS tab up there and read the blog for Newbies, and click the link about collecting underpants.  Read up on some of the free resources, like healthy eating for beginners.  You can join the challenge even though it's started - that will help you focus on a few concrete, short-term achievable goals.  If you have questions, you can send me a message (If you hover over my user name, one of the options you'll see is send message).  Good luck.

PS  I'm a WW member too so I know all about exchanges, points, pointsplus, etc. etc. etc. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived