Forums are back in action! ×

Time for a new life

Okay, not sure where to begin.  All my life I have been overweight and I am finally sick of it.  I had lost 10 pounds just over a year ago, but then broke up with the boyfriend and gained it all back. I have never really exercised or eatten right, even though I know what I need to do for both.... well basically - eat less and move more.  :)  I need help getting the motivation to help me change all my habits so that I can make sure I am around for a long time for my two daughters.  I need advice and encouragement to help me make those changes.  I would also like to do something that I can teach my children to do also, espically my oldest who is starting to look like me when I was that age and that scares me.

I don't know what else to say, but will answer anything anyone has to ask.

Actually, we prefer to think of it as eat better and move more.  I applaud your desire to set a good example for your children. 

If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab above, you'll find a great blog for beginners, and a free e-book to download.  Look at the free resources; you'll find a beginners guide to healthy eating. 

I've got a couple of suggestions for you: 

First, do something, do anything today.  Take a walk, even if it's only 10 minutes.

Second, read some of the free resources, and some of the adventurer's challenge threads (select the CHALLENGE tab, and pick Adventurers). 

Third, once you've done some reading, make up 3 short-term health/fitness goals and join the challenge.  It's already started, but that doesn't matter, you can join anyway. 

Good luck and welcome to day 1 of your new life.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Goals:

1.) to lose 90 pounds

2.) to drink at least 64 oz of water a day

3.) to do some sort of physical activity for 10 min each day

BMI 42 ---- yuck!!!  Goal weight to have 25 - will be 152 lbs which is right about where I want to be

How to acheive those goals:

1.) get more active and watch what I eat

2.) have a measureable bottle of water with me at all times

3.) do different things randomly

Tonight I did 7 squats and walked 2.25 miles - granted most of it was at work but its still something!

Welcome aboard. We can help with tons of encouragement, but motivation has to come from within you, and I think you mentioned it, be around a long time for your kids. If I can make one suggestion, get more specific with the how of #3. Just randomly doing things will not lead to consistency, as it takes time to see results.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion! Something that I just started doing is the Angry Birds workout. If you click the nerd fitness homepage tab, then the big red Free Workouts tab, you can find it! As a newbie to exercising, I really enjoy the different levels that promote clear goals for me to achieve.

I also lack motivation normally so the hardest part about sticking with it is finding that. Looks like you have some good motivation though.

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin-In-Training

| Str: 3.5 | Dex: 4 | Con: 3.5 | Sta: 6 | Wis: 5 | Cha: 4 |

"May my steel break before my resolve."

Okay.  I am back.  New goals.  I am going to make them smaller and give myself a deadline.

1.) Lose 5 pounds by May 2, 2013

2.) Eat fresh fruit/veggies 3 times a week

3.) Increase my water intake from 32 oz to 48 oz by May 2, 2013

4.) Do the Angry Bird work out 3 times per week.

5.) Walk on the days when I do not do the Angry Bird work out for 30 minutes.

Suggestions? Encouragement? Motivation?

Archived