Forums are back in action! ×

To be the better me

I want to be the best version of myself. But before I can be the best, I just have to get better.

I have always been overweight. I don't remember a time when I wasn't. So many times I've tried to be healthier, happier and comfortable with myself. And every time, I've fallen off the wagon so far and so hard that it takes so much more to get started again.

But this time, finding Nerd Fitness, I want it to stick.

So, hi. I'm 17, female and so scared of failing again. I'm starting university this year and I don't want to be wasting my energy hating the way I am.

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

Goal: Lose 20 kg and look great by December 5th (a bet was made but don't tell anyone, it's confidential)

10%
10%

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Welcome to the rebellion! Just by joining up I think your already in heading in the right direction. Choose your class and jump into a challenge.  I only joined about a week ago but have found everyone on here to be extremely supportive. 

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

I concur - join the challenge - don't let it worry you that it's already started.  You might want to go back to the blog (click NERD FITNESS tab) and look at the current blog, free ebook available, and the free resources.  Good luck.  If you have a question, ask away. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks! I think I might just join the challenge...

I'm trying to get my diet in order but I can't quite jump into the Paleo diet. I'm living at home and our staple food is white rice. Being Asian, it's pretty much in my blood.

Should I be giving up rice and starches in general?

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

Goal: Lose 20 kg and look great by December 5th (a bet was made but don't tell anyone, it's confidential)

10%
10%

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

I think trying to incorporate more fruits, veggies and less complex carbohydrates would be the first stepping stone, maybe followed up by a more "primal" nutrition plan which still allows for rice albeit more of the brown variety.  

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

The Rebellion welcomes you! I just started a week ago but am so far doing my exercises regularly due to joining the challenge. Set clear goals and following through is soooo much easier then I have ever known. I've been reading the blog and browsing the forums and I feel that this community is very supporting and encouraging. Once again, welcome!

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin-In-Training

| Str: 3.5 | Dex: 4 | Con: 3.5 | Sta: 6 | Wis: 5 | Cha: 4 |

"May my steel break before my resolve."

Thanks for the tip!

I've only been around for a couple days and just being a part of this community makes me feel so amped to get my life in order. I actually believe I can do it this time! I joined the challenge, too, and can't wait to work for my goals. Everyone is so welcoming and I'm loving it!

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

10%
10%

Archived