Forums are back in action! ×

meh- what the hell?

Grayfang here with an introduction. I suppose the best way to describe myself would be a Pandarian ranger. Ever since MoP came out, Ive found myself identifying with the pandas. It might be the drinking, the napping, the zen attitude, or their appreciation for a big belly (my fiance, Nepth, sports a fine belly, lol). I'm actually built a bit like a pandarian female - thick, but proportioned.

I identify with warrior class because unlike most females, I don't really want to be a size 4. The fact that I'm stronger than most females is a source of pride for me, and one of my fears was getting weak. Spezzi's story was really an eye opener that made me think, maybe I could get into that single digit size without sacrificing strength.

So why did I choose ranger, not warrior? Ive run a 10 mile race. It was almost 10 years ago, but i did it. As someone who walked the mile during gym class, who despised running with all that I am, I did it. It proved to me what I could do if I wanted it. I did the race last year and ended up walking half, but I did it. If I'm going to level up my life, I can't ignore a stat just because it's easier. Especially when I know what I could do with it.

Anyways - my journey is similar to most people I suppose - a lot of ups and downs. I've gone from a size 16 to a 12 to a happily fit 14 to a 18. The last year or so Ive been focusing on making small life changes instead of trying to change years of bad habits all at once.

So- goals-

-eat healthier- go near full paleo and get back into those size 12 pants

-get stronger- strength train 3 days a week (first bodyweight, but when we can afford a bench Ill switch to weights)

-build endurance- run the crim- 10 miles- last year i finished but had to walk half- this year i will do better

-do 1 pullup

I have plenty of other, long term goals, but these will get me started

Level 2 Pandarian AdventurerSTR:7 DEX:2 STA:1 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:5.5

Daily Battle LogChallenge 2    Challenge 1

"Don't kill yourself in the machine shop; I don't want to deal with the paperwork."

Archived