Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Ryan. I've been following this website for quite a while, but I've finally decided to get serious about my overall health. My son, who was born this past Christmas, has really got me thinking about the choices I make in regards to my health. I've put on quite a few pounds in the last several years. Since high school (about ten years ago), I've put on 60 pounds and become mostly sedentary. This past Thanksgiving, I played a little touch football and felt like I was going to collapse! Oh, and this was with a 13 and 6 year old!

I'd like to drop some weight, but more importantly, I just want to be healthier overall. I want to make sure that I can actually play with my son without having to take a break every two minutes.

My plan, for now, is to start cutting out some of my unhealthy habits, bit by bit. I also plan to start incorporating a little exercise into my daily routine, eventually building my way up to more advanced workouts. I spend a lot of time outdoors, fishing and kayaking, so I plan to use that to my advantage and maybe start hiking more.

I look forward to contributing to this forum as I chronicle my progress.

Not only will you be able to enjoy your son (for a long time), but think of the great habits you'll be teaching him.  Cleaning up your diet a bit at a time is a great way to start.  The challenge started on the 7th, but you can join anyway and do a sort of abbreviated practice challenge.  You'll want some simple goals you can achieve in a 4-week period.  If you're not sure what guild to join, just jump into the adventurers, you can always move to another guild at any time.  Welcome to the rebellion, and congratulations on your son. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Not only will you be able to enjoy your son (for a long time), but think of the great habits you'll be teaching him.  Cleaning up your diet a bit at a time is a great way to start.  The challenge started on the 7th, but you can join anyway and do a sort of abbreviated practice challenge.  You'll want some simple goals you can achieve in a 4-week period.  If you're not sure what guild to join, just jump into the adventurers, you can always move to another guild at any time.  Welcome to the rebellion, and congratulations on your son. 

Thanks! I will definitely look into the challenges.

Archived