Forums are back in action! ×

Recommitting to the Rebellion

Hi! My name is Jessica, but you can call me Jess if you want. I am 21, and overweight. But I am changing things!

So I actually started reading Nerd Fitness before I started really committing to being healthy. But now, I am reading, researching, and having fun learning about what my body can do, and what I can do to get it to where I want to be. I've found that I do better when I know why I do things. So maybe learning the science behind what has made me fat really has helped.

My goal started off as just losing weight. But I've been thinking, and that isn't a very good goal. I now have a goal number, I want to lose 150 pounds and get down to 130 lbs. But a strong 130. I want to have muscles. Etc. Etc.

I do count calories, but I do so as a way of keeping accountable to myself. And a way of realizing what a serving size is. But honestly, my whole goal is to be healthy. Stop filling my body with chemicals. You guys know what I mean. Just in giving up soda I feel SO much better. I have given up fast food and actually started cooking for myself. It isn't as hard/expensive as I first thought. 

Anyway, I don't want to ramble, but I am glad to be here. I am really excited about where I am going. Glad to meet all of you!

jessiekay77Level 1 Lycan AdventurerSTR 3|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 5|CHA 3

You've made the right first step by cleaning up your diet.  80-85% of your fitness is diet.  If you want some accountable short-term goals, there is still 4 weeks to run on the current challege; join in, even though its in progress.  If you need some help, just ask.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived