Forums are back in action! ×

This is new for me...

Hi Everyone...Well this type of forum is new for me.  I just started with NF this past weekend so I am trying to figure out what is going on.  I am also trying to adopt the Paleo lifestyle which I am not finding that extreme as I lived the low carb lifestyle for four years until I quit smoking and then it was downhill from there.  I am an avid cyclist which is how I quit smoking but now I need to lose about 50 pounds.  I am doing some weights, some boxing, some cardio and the basic training with NF.  My biggest weakness is sweets, so I am trying to find ways to work around this.  On my low carb diet I could use Atkins bars as a sweet reward...does anyone have any ideas on what I can use.

By the way I am single with four dogs...I am a restaurant manager, and am working on my dissertation so I hope to have my PhD before the end of the year. 

Have a groovy day everyone  :nevreness:

Jane

Welcome to our rebellion.  There is a challenge that still has 4 weeks to run if you want to join in & set up some short-term goals.  If you haven't checked out the basic info, click on the COMMUNITY HOME tab above - there are threads to walk you through creating a charcter, setting goals, etc. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

As far as sweet rewards go I eat fruit...specifically citrus fruit or pineapple.  You could also go with chocolate...the darker the better and it should be 70% cocoa or higher.  It gets a bit bitter but I enjoy 88% myself.  It really seems to keep any major sugar "craving" at bay.  Still, you can't go overboard with it.  I personally use Endangered Species brand.  I get the 3.5 oz pouches.  1 piece satisfies me when I want sweets.

Welcome aboard and best of luck to you.

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.

Archived