Forums are back in action! ×

I have morals, but I do prefer tea....

Hey all. I discovered and did some reading and on Nerd Fitness for about a month or two last year. I was inspired and tried to change my diet around to be more paleo, but without any help or peers who understood the process it failed miserably after just a few weeks. It bummed me out and I felt guilty about it, even though there's no shame in falling off the horse.

Now I'm deciding to follow the Rules of the Rebellion and join for life. I'm in. I know that if I try to stay out of where other people can see me and affect me this isn't going to take. 

I'm 22, my name's Tim. I weigh 220 lbs, and I'm 6'. I ate nothing but McDonald's growing up. I have a decent build with core strength, but my thighs and rear are starch bags. I have stomach flab and love handles.

But that isn't me. It's who I was, and I'm committed to changing. 

This year on Nerd Fitness I want to slowly shift towards an almost fully Paleo diet (The hardest part will be giving up rice...I grew up with a girl adopted from China whose adoptive family actually changed their eating habits to make her more comfortable. I ate a BUNCH of rice and now I include it as a side in a bunch of my meals.), just to improve my overall health. I also want to become more educated about my body. 

I work out from time to time, but I've never been very good at setting reps or even having a workout plan. This is another issue I want to fix, to work out with intelligence. 

Other goals are certainly there, but my two specific goals are to eat smarter and workout smarter. I'm going to start doing those things this week but slowly cutting out things that are bad for me (this week it's bye bye milk!), and setting an appointment with a personal trainer at my gym to set up a cardio plan (using as little machines as possible). 

I'm also going to begin the Beginner's Body Weight Workout and see where it takes me over the next couple of weeks. 

And just because I'm not ashamed to show where I am now, here I am:

2dfd3963dd0795e2e8f0caf1f1659797.png

Though to be honest, my real shame is my thighs and butt, which aren't really postable. 

I'm built to be a Ranger, and that's what I'll attempt to be. I'd like to some day throw a little Assassin in there, just because my current agility leaves much to be desired. I admit to being a little confused exactly on how the challenges work, but I'll be making a first challenge topic sometime today. 

So, this is me now. I'm in for Life. I can't wait to start changing not just my body but also my mind.

and um....Hi?

Moralitea, Level 2 Flind Assassin
{STR 3|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 4WIS 2|CHA 2}

Incepto Ne Desistam.

Previous Challenges: 1,

The challege is fairly simple, you start a thread in your guild's challenge form, declaring 3 goals of the health/diet/fitness variety, and if desired, one life goal.  The goals all need to be SMART (specific, measurable, acheivable, realistic, and timely).  A simple goal might be:  Over the next three weeks, I will remove milk, rice and cookies from my diet.  My plan is to remove 1 item per week, until all three are gone from my diet.  Glad you joined in the fun. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived