Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Nerd Fitness!

Hi Nerd Fitness!  I came across the Rebellion the other day, and I could not stop reading the articles and posts-- except to try the beginner body weight workout.  Tuesday the 15th I got back to school after winter break and knew it was time to get back in the gym and eating right.  Every day since then, I have been doing well!  I have been doing Zumba classes, using the elliptical, the bike, etc. and I feel great when I finish a workout.

Before I found Nerd Fitness, though, I had never really considered the importance of strength in losing weight.  I always played sports in high school and was fit almost by accident.  Then when I got to college, I drank waaay more and ate whatever I wanted in the dining hall.  I am at least 20 pounds heavier than I was in high school.  Sometimes I'd get into a health/fitness kick and lose some weight, but it never stuck.

I am graduating in May and will be starting law school at Harvard in August.  I want a new beginning.  I want to feel good about myself and my body.  I want to be strong and fierce.  For the first time since high school, I'm not trying to get fit for any particular event.  I have no deadline.  The time is going to pass anyway, so I might as well give it my best every day. 

My goals for the week are to 1) do the beginner body weight workout every other day 2) keep eating right and try to each day get closer to a completely paleo diet even though it will be tough 3) keep going to Zumba and doing cardio-- not for the sole purpose of burning calories but because it feels good to sweat and I like feeling like I am doing something good for myself.  I love the feeling of finishing a good cardio workout.

Long term, I want to be strong.  I want to be able to do a pull-up.  I am not obese, and I am athletic to begin with.  I want to kick ass!  Hopefully losing the weight will come with getting stronger. 

I'm excited to join the Rebellion!

Welcome to the rebellion! I love your goals! I'm slowly switching over to paleo as well and find it a lot easier for me to do it that way. Good luck! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived