Forums are back in action! ×

The Last Straw

Greetings fellow Rebels!

My last straw came after my latest boyfriend and I broke up. Now this was a guy that I've known for several years and he started chasing me just as I was. Over the past year or so he'd been leaning down and "toning" up in a way that I thought was very unhealthy: taking all sorts of supplements and then not eating more than a meal a day without once consulting a doctor. I didn't say much of anything until he started having problems with his stomach. Serious problems. When I expressed concern and suggested he should maybe go see a doctor he got nasty with me and told me that just because he was more "aestetically pleasing" than I was didn't mean that I should be trying to undo all of his efforts.

To say that his reaction upset me was a bit of an understatement. I'm all of 5'5" and just about 129lbs which is way less than what I was in high school and college. I still struggle with that abdominal pouch that I was under the impression most women tend to keep as they tread over 30 year mark. When he broke up with me a couple of weeks later on some trumped up excuse and my waist line started creeping up just enough to make my favorite pair of work pants start leaving marks a friend of mine sent me a link to one of the posts here.

Reading through the posts and articles on NF was an eye opener and I have decided that I'm joining the Rebellion. I've joined a program through work that allows me access to multiple fitness options for a relatively small monthly fee so that I can get a bit of cardio three days a week in a class setting and I'm planning on working in the Beginner's Bodyweight Circuit on the alternate days that I don't have cardio.

I'm also slowly changing the way I eat. Limiting the sugars and sodium I put in my body. Nearly completely removing processed food and severely lessening my carb/grain intake. The best part of all: I'M DOING THIS FOR ME!

It only took a little push to put me into a whole new ball game!

~Rebel Zephyr :)

Archived