Forums are back in action! ×

WHOA my first encounter with THE FORCE

Hello everyone !

I´m Hannes from Germany, 23 years old, and right now I study Plastics Engineering.

My state right now is very unhealthy. I weigh about 155-160kg and I´m 1,87m tall.

In the past months and years I didn´t do much to lose weight and transform my body and mind.

According to all this I´m not too attractive I guess but I didn´t find out anyway because I´m more the passive kind of guy

that doesn´t really participate in  parties and things like this. I always work hard (for my studies). Sadly ONLY for my studies.

I often quit what I´ve started (losing weight in general, doing exercises, learning new languages and stuff like that. To be honest my studies [and the things that led to it] have been the only things I didn´t break up ... I even broke up school) and that makes me very said thus I don´t do much against it because I often apologize with "Oh w/e I work too much right now anyway".

I found NerdFitness by reading a BLOG of one of my favorite SC2-players that takes a break from playing, doing this PALEO-thing and sports. (I found NF by looking up facts about Paleo-diet)

So now I´m here and now that you know facts about me in general I want to share my hobbies and interests with you:

I´m very into American Football (I was even playing in a team but I quit it due to my knees starting to hurt badly because of my weight).

I also love (to watch) martial arts.

I play guitar and I´m generally interested in languages and the evolving of cultures.

This leads me to telling you what my (health and sports) goals in life are and that I want to achieve with NF:

First of all I of course want to lose weight and become healthy, applying PALEO-diet to my whole life and build up self confidence.

With that at some day (when I feel my knees are "OK" because I lost enough weight) I want to play Football again as well as street skating again (this is kind of the thing i looooooooooooved to do for more than half of my life).

I also want to learn and master Ninjutsu, Capoeira and Kung Fu (with all their aspects, philosophically, acrobatically and so on).

Now you know me and you´re able to make a picture of me.

I´m going to create a very nice fate and I´d love to find supporters but even more friends at NF that I can share my life with (and up to someday not only via internet but in real life).

Have an awesome day !

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Glad you found us and have decided to transform your life. It sounds like you've had trouble sticking with things in the past, so maybe you're the kind of guy who needs to do things in smaller steps. Whether or not you go paleo, it is important to clean up your diet - you'll find a guide to healthy eating and a guide to paleo in the free resources (click the NERD FITNESS tab at the top of the page). You should probably find a calorie tracker that you like to use - I use MyFitnessPal.com; it is easy and has a nice iPhone app too. There is a great thread you should look into and join in with - it has some terrific folks in it already, but they'd love to have another. (Darn! For some reason it's not letting me add a hyperlink - paste this into your browser - http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/21533-100-pounds-to-lose/ )

Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived