Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All

Hi

My name is Rammy Rawas, a 23 year old first generation Lebanese American, I am 5 feet 4-5 inches tall (never really measured my height) and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Currently Going working on my Master in Business Administration at Xavier University. Graduated from Xavier in 2011 with an undergrad degree in Chemistry. However I am now working to get into accounting. My dad, mom and I started eating paleo-ish (lean protein, veggies, fruits, no dairy at all) December 6th and I just weighed myself in the morning to day found out I was 149.5 lbs and could fit in size 32 jeans that have not fit me for 2 years. I started at 172.5 and size 34 jeans (that was starting to get tight) so I lost 23 lbs with quite a bit of cheating on my diet and not much exercise. I am on the 2nd week of Couch to 5k program although I have been on it for the last 2-3 weeks (don't really enjoy it). I do some push ups, pull ups. squats. planks and seated knee tucks, however with not much effort. So to be honest my weight loss was mainly due to my diet change. It also helped that my parents changed their diet as well. I have an older brother who is 1 year older than me and he is in better shape then me. My twin brother started the last week of December on the diet due to optometry school in Boston. I also found out recently that my mom's friend (who got us on this diet in the first place) son, who is more active then me and is 29 I believe, found out that I lost 20 lbs just fixing my diet essentially and he wants to go on it as well. That feels pretty damn good that I made someone want to do the same diet  :nevreness:. I realize now that my diet (except for the cheating which has been reduced to 2-3 small snacks a week) is doing well and I need to up my workout to lose more fat and to maintain my muscle mass (for now). I want to get down to 135-140 lbs and see how my body is then to decide whether I want to start building more muscle at that point.

OK so now that my fitness goals and story is done, I like to play Counterstrike Source when I can, I play only on the FAWC server (Fire At Will Clan) under the name DarkVengance. I also play Star Wars the Old Republic on the Jedi Covenant Server (I think). I do play on my xbox a bit, mainly call of duty black ops 2 and FIFA 13 (GO JUVENTUS). I also smoke hookah/shisha/argileh on occassion which i enjoy quite a bit ( I am Lebanese it is in my blood  :playful: ).

Looking forward to meet everyone in the Rebellion

As you've already discovered, what you eat is key to your fitness. If I read your post correctly, you've lost 20+ pounds in 6 weeks - which is very fast weight loss. You don't want to continue to lose to fast, so you need to bump up your intake just a bit - perhaps a little more protein and/or fat. What kind of fitness activities do you have in mind or enjoy?

Welcome to NF.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I understand that is pretty quick but that was mainly due to how i started the diet, which was as I know unhealthy and why I only did it for 5 days. I started on December 6th 2013 with only protein and not much of it, 2 eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner was about a fist size of lean protein. I know this wasn't healthy because I lost 9 lbs in 5 days. Then I started eating vegetables along with lean protein and a lot of it. but due to my cheating didn't lose any until i went on vacation from December 22nd to 30th where the opportunities of cheating weren't available due to the fact my eating habits were being held accountable throughout the entire time. During my vacation I lost 8 pounds. Since the 30th til now I lost an additional 6 lbs with very minimal cheating. That is why I realized that I need to up my workout routine and be serious about it to continue losing fat while gaining muscle that I probably lost.

Now that is cleared up, I enjoy doing body weight exercises because I learn more about how my own body moves and its free. Currently I am on the Couch to 5k program, however I have been on the 2nd week for the past 2-3 weeks. I have been doing some body weight exercises but not seriously so and very inconsistently. Now I am going to change that by following the Basic Training Program for 4 weeks

Archived